For Sale 100 series Aluminum Roof Rack Project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Posting up my extruded aluminum roof rack project, for a small fraction of what it actually cost me. This is custom-fitted to the 100 series roof.

You will need to make mounts to fit the roof.

All info is in this expedition portal thread: Land Cruiser 100 series Aluminum Roof Rack project for sale

Let me know in case of questions. This is already in a proper box and ready to ship out.

$150 + approx. $55-$60 shipping (depending where you live)

If you had to make mounts, How would you make it for this rack?

It would probably go something like this:

- assemble the rack on a bench or the ground.
- hoist it up onto the roof with the help of a buddy, then get it positioned to hug the roof profile as closely as possible. Use removable 1/4" shims to space up the rack during the below process.
- Cut stainless steel or thick aluminum flat bar stock so it fits inside the channels on the roof, and transfer the threaded hole pattern from the roof. This thread has some great info on measurements that will save time: RoofRack Build - Yakima/Extrusion Hybrid
- Cut vertical pieces out of the same material that will connect the flat bar stock pieces to the side profiles. Drill additional holes in side pieces if necessary.
- Bolt everything together and tack weld.
- Remove the rack, remove the mounts you just tack welded, then weld the mounts together. There may be some finessing required with a BFH if there is warpage (not required if you actually know how to weld).
- Assemble everything.

The reason you can't make the mounts on the bench using roof measurements is because the 100 series roof has complex curvatures in all 3 planes. So unless you have a 3D scanner or are EXTREMELY patient, its just better to mock-up, tack-weld and then finish it on the bench.

I really havent seen any off the shelf mounts that will work with this rack.

Sold to @coveboy pending eCheck clearance from PayPal. Will be shipping asap after that. It's boxed up and all ready to go!

IMG_20181214_181515.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom