100 series aging electronics (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got a 98 LX470 and as its now 25 years old and a number of things are wanting to be renewed I'm finding myself wondering about how this generation of computerized vehicles will cope with advancing age?

I'd hate to sink series money into restoring all the driveline, interior and paint only to have it become an unreliable electrical nightmare with little you can do to address it.

That leads me to the broader question of if it is worth putting money into a 100 with half a million miles. No matter how nice it is and how much refurbishment you have done those miles will always deter buyers. Maybe it does make more financial sense to do basic maintenance and resist the temptation to mod and restore and save your $ for a 200 series.

Interested to hear how everyone else looks at this

Then again, its like $40k to get into a 200 series with the same amount of km (400,000). Then I'd have to throw money at that

The problem we will face in the future is a dried up supply of OEM sensors. Sure the aftermarket supply will be there to keep these thing on the road, but aftermarket just isn't the same.

Other than those dang all in on nav/hvac screens, I don't really see any electronic components on the 100 that will be a big hurdle in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom