100 series aftermarket fuel tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My tank leaks. 2003. Has anyone installed the Dorman tank? Galvanized and powder coated silver. $600. Is it better than stock?
I installed one of those on my old Toyota $hitbox pickup. Has worked fine so far. But if it was for my 100, I would probably buy a good used tank from a salvage yard before I’d put the Dorman on.

How long are you planning on keeping the Land Cruiser? If you're thinking of parting with it at some point soon, it may be worth just getting the Dorman. If you don't think you can ever part with it, maybe you should consider upgrading to a long-range tank while you're at it.

How long are you planning on keeping the Land Cruiser? If you're thinking of parting with it at some point soon, it may be worth just getting the Dorman. If you don't think you can ever part with it, maybe you should consider upgrading to a long-range tank while you're at it.
It's not my ideal Land Cruiser. I'd rather have an 80 series at some point, but I'm keeping it for several years I'm sure. I just hate to spend $700 on OEM. Some aftermarket tanks are around $300. I could go that route too.

It's not my ideal Land Cruiser. I'd rather have an 80 series at some point, but I'm keeping it for several years I'm sure. I just hate to spend $700 on OEM. Some aftermarket tanks are around $300. I could go that route too.
Good condition (A) used OEM tanks can be had for $75-$150 all over the country.
2ABEE5B1-D333-4C54-912C-E1434672E59C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom