100 Series 16" OEM Steel Rims GB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2000UZJ

Where's My Hammer?
Threads
I have a connection overseas that is allowing me to get a set of 4 16X8 OEM steelies for $800 shipped to the States (to my door to be exact). That comes out to $200 per rim shipped. I would assume shipping a set of 4 steelies would be expensive, but this is your chance to get some rare OEM steelies.

Pricing:
16"X8" OEM Toyota 5 Spoke (rim on right) - $800 to the United States + shipping from 30328.

Please PM me if you are interested. The price may change, totally depends on how many we have committed. I would like to close it at 5 members.

100 Series OEM rims.jpg

105.1.jpg

721TB-7.jpg

Last edited:
I was always impress how 4x4 Dave got JDM parts shipped to me in Memphis very quickly and cost effective so my guess there is better freight options out there.

I know he can't get the ones on the left, but I swear that Dan or Beno was able to get the ones you're after loaded into the US parts system and get them.

Onur searched for me, they can't get them anymore. I think the last set was sold back in 2010.

Seems like a awful lot of $$$ for wheels that would be relatively cheap over seas. You could buy some hutchinson rockmonster beadlocks for what you'd spend on importing those... Seems like there would be a better way to get some... Have you tried contacting any of the cruiser importers or people that get containers shipped in?

Be advised, those are both 105 wheels and so 16x6.5

They'll work well for 255x85R16 but not for any 35's that we have available in the US.

If you are looking for 16x8's, try contacting Moooooooo as he sold his 100 series but said he had many sets of 16x8 steelies in his shack.

That's pretty pricey. I'd sell you 5 splits for less... a lot less...

of course, they are really really skinny...

I've thought about the Hutchinson Rockmonsters, but I'd hate to scrape up a set of $2,300 rims. The OEM steelies are my preference right now. I'm assuming that 5 people in on this buy will drive the price down to around $800 a set. That is exactly what I was quoted in 2008 from Onur for the same rims.

If they are indeed 16X6.5, then I'll have to find an alternative. I believe the 5 Spokes are 16X8, I could be wrong though. I don't plan on anything narrower than a 315 on this truck.

Out of curiosity.....why? What is wrong with the stock aluminum wheels? There are some cool looking OEM alloy 16's I'd rather get than steel (like the ones posted fairly recently in the picture thread), but that's just me.

The problem is the 100 Series was the only truck that used 5X150. In 2008 the tundra and 200 opened up a new aftermarket wheel option. Expect 16" rims won't clear the brakes. I don't want to go to 18's, and I don't want $2,300 rims on a truck that might, or at best be work $6K. As I see it, the only good looking 16" rim is the OEM steelie. Everybody had the same rims, I would like to have OEM 5 spoke steelies. Something about how they look.

I can't remember the guys username, but he has a set of 16" 5 spokes and they look killer.

That was Henry Cubillans 100 series who was one of the last customers to get the non-US OEM steelies in the US.

Or were Henry's wheels these…

trailer09b-jpg.300926

Just thinking out loud here but would it be possible to take a set of the 2000-2006 Tundra steelies and have them redrilled for the 5 lug pattern? Considering those go for $100 a set I can't imagine it would be too much for a place like Stockton Wheel or even a local machine shop to do.

Just thinking out loud here but would it be possible to take a set of the 2000-2006 Tundra steelies and have them redrilled for the 5 lug pattern? Considering those go for $100 a set I can't imagine it would be too much for a place like Stockton Wheel or even a local machine shop to do.

I don't think they "redrill" them. I think that they would just build a custom wheel with new centers. Or, take a set (like my splits), knock out the centers and put them in a new wheel (just the outer part) with the new width and correct backspacing, etc.

it's something I've considered doing because I prefer steel wheels; there is a shop here in Seattle that I think can pull it off. But, my factory alloys are more cost effective...

Yep, I've looked at tons of options, and the OEM, 16", alloys always end up being the best all around option... :(

I think if I were to get steel rims, I would pick up one of the 20 or so sets available locally for under $100 (18") and be done with it. But good luck with this. If you get 5 people, I guess it brings the price down to $500 or so.

I think if I were to get steel rims, I would pick up one of the 20 or so sets available locally for under $100 (18") and be done with it. But good luck with this. If you get 5 people, I guess it brings the price down to $500 or so.

I'd go 18's if I didn't wheel the way that I do. I need the extra side wall. My aluminum rims are trashed and gouged badly. It seems that most are happy to upgrade to 18" rims for a quarter of the price of the OEM's. I don't blame them, I just figured I would offer this deal up. It seems like I may have to stick with the aluminum rims for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom