100 owners: what's the big empty space under the hood? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
Threads
was checking a 2000 LC today (yahoo, what a beaut!) and was surprised to see a big empty space under the hood, on the RHS just ahead of the firewall, about 1 cu ft completely empty with a harness there and an empty plug. Is there supposed to be something there?
thanksyall
Eric

Do you have a link?

-Matt

A link?
E

LOl, I just saw the "yahoo" you wrote an assumed you found it through yahoo or something. My bad. If I remember correctly what you see is normal. I can check mine out tommrow.

-Matt

Damn that is just wrong. :flipoff2:

I am guessing that is the spot for the 2nd battery in the turbo diesel versions over seas.

The left side is where the PJ1700MJT Odyessey battery fits without modification! :D :flipoff2:

uzj100

hmmm...
there was indeed enough space for a big battery IIRC. Didn't see a major connector though, only a small electrical plug (about 1" long, 1/2" wide, green?).
If that's correct, could one buy the battery tray, cables, etc to fit in there? Might indeed be a nice spot to put a second battery someday.

Not a lot of junk visible under the 100 hood I must say (unlike the 80, if you forgive me). Esthetically pleasant enough.

If we ever get this, it'll be for the wife. I'll have to find my own 80 I guess in 30 years when we're finished paying for the 100 (GULP!)

E

All the junk is in the motor :flipoff2:.

In 30 years you can get my rig !!!!! :D

Mike

[quote author=e9999 link=board=2;threadid=6602;start=msg53592#msg53592 date=1066798412]
was checking a 2000 LC today (yahoo, what a beaut!) and was surprised to see a big empty space under the hood, on the RHS just ahead of the firewall, about 1 cu ft completely empty with a harness there and an empty plug. Is there supposed to be something there?
thanksyall
Eric

[/quote]

Don't the overseas 100s have the bigger, cyclonic air box while the US spec 100's have the smaller rectangular air filters? I noticed the big cylindrical air box on the safari snorkel site. That might account for some of that space.

-Jim

some of our 100's (australian, and i don't get to look under the hood of many) get the big air cleaners.

landcruiser tradition them

Re:100 owners: what's the big empty space under the hood?

That's a great empty spot. A few years ago I built a bracket and mounted a small tool box there.
Never had to use it yet though...

I think you may be seeing the space which holds the AHC resevoir in later model years.

I know on my LX, on the Right Hand Side (from sitting in the drivers seat) just in front of the cabin firewall and next to the hood hinge, is where the AHC resevoir and pump sits - and it is indeed fairly large.

-LX Pilot

Yeah, that empty space? what? My intake takes up a little less space then the stock box but, what space? I mean yeah it might be a little empty in there but with the AHC...see there you go. Your LC is missing AHC, thats why your left with an empty space
IMG_11121.jpg

Yup. The Automatic Height Control system goes in that spot.
I recall asking the same question in one of my first few posts.

That led me down the path of exploring the extra battery option and the extra air compressor option. Both have been done on Mud. Keep on a looking. You'll see "how about a welder" and "how about a toolbox" etc....

I found 4 unused connectors in that area. There go to the wheels' missing height sensors, to the missing switch location in the cabin, to the missing compressor, and a couple of other places that I don't recall. I filled them all with dielectric silicon gell and left them. Haven't had time to make use of them.

Some day....

1LoudX:

What's the little black circle on the sidewall of the engine bay? Look right below the "Test Port" Is that an alarm horn? Buzzer?

I knew this was an old thread revival after seeing post #9 from AsiaRider. We haven't heard from Mike since the '04 Tsunami. :frown:

1LoudX:

What's the little black circle on the sidewall of the engine bay? Look right below the "Test Port" Is that an alarm horn? Buzzer?

No freaking idea man. it doesnt beep when i hit my remote, or when i set off the alarm. The alarm is soley my two horns on the front. I think if you can figure out how to sound that little buzzer, a small little asian masseuse will come out from one of your fenders and give you a massage as your offroading...lol!

big empty space under the hood

I have a very small mechanic, he usually sits there to work on things such as the starter rebuild. Once I forgot about him and closed the hood. There was just enough room for him to fill the space and ride comfortably. Unfortunetly he doesn't do work for me anymore after that incident.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom