Wanted 100 or 80 series in BC Canada (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
  2. 100 Series
Mileage
As title states. Looking for a family wagon, something that’s fine as a daily driver. 100 or 80 series. Fairly priced please. Not looking to spend mega dollars on an overlanding build. Pm if you have something and we can discuss. I’m in Northern BC.

I gather that you fish the iron head.😁

Get one in the US. Just bought a 2002 extremely clean. $11700 USD including shipping from Seattle to Ottawa.

Thanks, probably a good idea and good advice

Interesting, who did you buy it through?
Looked for one online for months, until this one came up for sale in Tacoma, WA. It was a trade in at a BMW dealer that another dealer bought from. It had a perfect maintenance record, all available at Lexus, since it was 3 miles old. Everything in the car worked as expected and being in that region in the west coast, no rust whatsoever. Dealer was very good, taking all the pictures I asked for, made videos driving it and so on. A friend of mine that lives 40 minutes from them came to check the car and provided even more info. Arranged for shipping and brokering (USD 1950 plus USD 340) and the car is now on its way from WA state. Should be in my driveway first week of March.

The selection in the US is just several orders of magnitude higher than in Canada, not to mention the chances of indeed getting a rust free example. My last three cars I bought in the US. Just better option IMHO.

CR

Just make sure you get a lot of undercarraige pics etc. A lot of the cruiser for sale in Seattle are advertised as west coast in fact have been brought there from rust belt states. At least that was my experience when shopping for one in Washington. Made many wasted trips down to Seattle from Vancouver to look at supposedly West coast trucks only to find out they spent most of their life in the salt. Get proof.

Just make sure you get a lot of undercarraige pics etc. A lot of the cruiser for sale in Seattle are advertised as west coast in fact have been brought there from rust belt states. At least that was my experience when shopping for one in Washington. Made many wasted trips down to Seattle from Vancouver to look at supposedly West coast trucks only to find out they spent most of their life in the salt. Get proof.
Exactly. Reason why I got tons of undercarriage pictures from the seller. Also, the service history at Lexus can tell you a lot about the vehicle and where it spent its life.

CR

good to know a dealer was willing to go out of their way to help and even deal with a Canadian customer. I imagine many would be hesitant and would just sell to a local customer.

Who did you use for the shipping? Time to expand the search to the US!

good to know a dealer was willing to go out of their way to help and even deal with a Canadian customer. I imagine many would be hesitant and would just sell to a local customer.

Who did you use for the shipping? Time to expand the search to the US!
I used Canadian Car Shipping. Easy and simple process. They took care of everything, including the export/import process so it is a door-to-door service. As I said, given that I am in Ottawa and the car was in Tacoma, USD 2290 for the whole process/shipping is fair in my opinion.
During my search I found one in CA, 1-owner. The owner was the owner of Putnam Lexus in CA. It was a 2001 with 140K miles. The only issue was they refused to sell to anyone out of state. Yes, if you were not in CA, no deal. But that said car was 5K more than I paid so I am 110% satisfied with my purchase.

CR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom