100 on crack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for the G2 on Moab with a 100. We both want to go there but neither of us wants to ride in the 40 that far. We are selling the big truck so towing is out. That leaves the 100 as our only option. :grinpimp:

Ever notice how all red stuff for kids taste pretty much the same? Enjoy the cheerios and popsicles stage while you can, it passes way to fast. And takes way to long to get Grandkids.
BTW: We are getting the GTX waterproof rear seat covers for when we "borrow" my sisters kids. They look awsome, and may even hold up to Jake (the dog).

You're replacing your racing slicks?! :flipoff2:

well i havent gotten the go ahead on bumpers, even tried to pull off the...safer for traffic, but i just got the OK to get new tires! 285s here i come! What would be the best way to wreck my bumpers to get a go ahead without making it look like i did it on purpose?

I got my first 'bump' this morning - courtesy of a Corolla (oh well at least it was a Toyota). Looks like a will be needing a new rear bumper skin.

Both bumpers are made of plastic and are almost indestructable. Dents pop out and scratches are just scratches. If you have class 3 hitch, pretty much works as a skid plate. Besides who isn't looking for an excuse to replace them both anyway. And #2 as you put it... is my opinion and stated as such. Therefore cannot be "false" I think you just like to argue sometimes. Besided he said "have to drive the rig home" Based on my experiences in Moab I would not recomend taking a stock 100 on 4+ trails but 4 rated for sure.

I agree with Farnham, we wheeled Gold Bar Rim together last year at CM06. I had a Slee rear bumper and he had the stock rear bumper and hitch. Whenever his rear would hit, it was almost always the hitch that was hitting, not the bumper. When the rear bumper did hit, it just flexed and deformed and then went back to the same shape. The stock bumpers will hold up to a lot of abuse, but won't look pretty for very long.

Oh yeah, he's not lying, he's got the most scratches I've seen on a 100 yet. :eek:

PS - I really like your rear bumper!

QUOTE=farinvail;1921834]Both bumpers are made of plastic and are almost indestructable. Dents pop out and scratches are just scratches. If you have class 3 hitch, pretty much works as a skid plate. Besides who isn't looking for an excuse to replace them both anyway. And #2 as you put it... is my opinion and stated as such. Therefore cannot be "false" I think you just like to argue sometimes. Besided he said "have to drive the rig home" Based on my experiences in Moab I would not recomend taking a stock 100 on 4+ trails but 4 rated for sure.[/QUOTE]

Not trying to argue. Most though would not appreciate mangling both their bumpers. Mine were mangled as were the upper bumper mounts busted off.

I'd also like to see what would happen to the stock rear bumper on this ledge on Spike. Here, my rear Slee supported the entire truck as BOTH rear wheels were off the ground. Can't imagine.

31425889-L.jpg

can someone blur that mans rear end out? It ruins the whole photo...no offense. LoL!

SamoL, that bumper looks terrrible...i would freak out and probably have a heart attack if mine looked like that!

The factory hitch would probably take most of the beating on that ledge before the plastic bumper would. Don't get me wrong, I like my Slee rear too. But the stock stuff can wheel if you don't mind scratching it.

Not trying to argue. Most though would not appreciate mangling both their bumpers. Mine were mangled as were the upper bumper mounts busted off.

I'd also like to see what would happen to the stock rear bumper on this ledge on Spike. Here, my rear Slee supported the entire truck as BOTH rear wheels were off the ground. Can't imagine.

31425889-L.jpg

But the stock stuff can wheel if you don't mind scratching it.

Yer telling ME? :)

Damn....my hitch went bye bye right away. Dragging that thing stopped me in my tracks numerous times back in 2001. Though yes...it did help....as did the two hooks too.

We're talking Moab though.

can someone blur that mans rear end out? It ruins the whole photo...no offense. LoL!

Hey, is that Alvaro? Looks like a NorCal Wagons T-shirt...

Must be an AZ thing, cuz I think Shotts tucks and belts his shirt into his shorts too... :doh: :D

Samol you got a picture of your bumper after you poped it back into shape? Or anyone got a before and after bumper? 1loudLX you gotta get that thing dirty. For what it's worth I would beef up lowercontrol arms and mounts before I spent money on bumpers. I would run Golden Spike with stock rear bumper and hitch, but I'm dumber than most people. The only way you know what mods you need is to run what you want to run and repair the damage with something stronger. Why run mud tires if you never got stuck in the mud without them.

I have hit or been hit in all four corners and aside from the scrapes and the paint cracking it held it's form. The last two times were hit and run parking lot jobbi's and I just put some touch up paint on it and it looks fine, like a monet. I am not trying to impress anyone, so who cares if it gets scratched. It gives it charecter. I will however be upgrading as i have seen first hand how rock crawling can rip the plastic off.

The front bumper sucks. I destroyed the metal "wings" to the left and right of the frame horns in the first 30 minutes of my maiden off road voyage.

A little trimming and voila, the ugly thing is still hanging from the truck almost 2 years later:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom