100-lx470 supercharger (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lx450landcruiser

Threads
ok my dad got a 2000 lx470 not too long ago maybe summer?
anyways i almost convinced him to put a super charger on my lx450 when he had it but i failed as he was already planing on the 470. Heres the questions. One how much do you think it would cost to get one installed? two does this void the warrenty? 3 how much does this cut into the gas mileage? i know its not great already but how bad is it? any one out there have one on there 100 or 470? any concerns about it or problems just general info maybe?

thanks mike

1. I don't know the cost for installiation, but will vary depending on shop. 2. If installed by a lexus dealership or toyota (if not mistaken) than it will not void the warranty. 3. The SC will not add better fuel milleage nor take it away. Lots of power from SC. Getting sick of the lack of power in my FZJ80, Wish I could afford one! Don't forget about the extra cost of fuel, Premium!

The kit, in the box sells for $4,699 dollars. It takes about 10 hours to install if you have done a few.

is that the price of the TRD? i found one brand new for $4000
so if the dealer installs them then it wont void warrenty?
how much an hour do you think they charge?

thanks mike

Mike, if you sell the 96 and add $4K you might close to getting a '98 with the great V8, eh?
:D
E

[quote author=lx450landcruiser link=board=2;threadid=12514;start=msg114771#msg114771 date=1078373234]
is that the price of the TRD? i found one brand new for $4000
so if the dealer installs them then it wont void warrenty?
how much an hour do you think they charge?

thanks mike
[/quote]

That is the list price of the TRD blower, it is possible to find them in the 4000 dollar range. Labor rates vary by market and can range from around 80 dollrs an hour to over 150 dollars an hour. The TRD blower does not void the vehicle warranty.

The dealer here in Palo Alto will do it for $4595 installed. So maybe you can dealer can match that. I have on on my 100 and I really like it. Let me know if I can answer any questions for you.

Amando

Installing the SC yourself will not void the warranty according to TRD.

But I see that the blowers for the V8's are on hold pending some correction of problems: http://www.partznet.com/toyota/landcruiser/supercharger.html

Don't know what that's about.

These guys also have good prices, though you can't see the price of the V8 SC at this time (you can get an idea from the price of the I6 unit though).

Tom

what probelms are these? and how come i only read about them at that site alone?
My dads gonna call maybe today and see what the cost will be. I think if theres problems with them though it might not be such a good idea?
any one else got any good site to look at or read about?

thanks mike

FWIW, I think the V8 is plenty potent enough for normal driving. I can't imagine needing a SC or TC for it if it's not for towing, and even then...
JMHO
E

It's quite simple actually,

the quest for power ends when the cylinder head(s) fly(s) off. ;)

so ya mean, Dan, that you'd rechamber a beaut ole Garand to 300 Win mag for the extra 200 fps ?
:D
E

Well...no.

But only because the bolt face and extractor would be difficult, if not impossible, to modify. :D

The other issue would be pressure at the gas port. Magnum cartridges typically use slower burning powders to realize the full velocity potential. These slower burning powders result in excessively high pressure at the gas port. This causes operating rod and receiver damage.

Are you glad you asked? :D

I know, I know,
4895 rules...
E

[quote author=e9999 link=board=2;threadid=12514;start=msg115298#msg115298 date=1078450328]
I know, I know,
4895 rules...
E
[/quote]

Hmmmm,

It would appear that we both know more than we let on. ::)

so does any one know what the problems with them are?
also i read someplace that the trannys arnt able to handle the supercharger because the computer tells the clutch to engage softly but with the added horspower it casues a problem. any one hear of anything like this?

thanks mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom