100 hunting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I'm going to Japan next year and have begun the arduous Landy hunt.
At first I was set on a 70s series, but later found out I could not register a diesel vehicle in Kanagawa.
Then I looked into the 80s series, was a big fan of everything but the price.

That's when I learned about the 100s I know I won't be doing heavy off roading and the 100s series seem to be at just the right level of what I'm looking for in terms of driving comfort with a decent bit of off road capability and decent price point.

So I've been watching youtube videos and reading posts on here to find out what I need to know about getting a JDM Land Cruiser 100.

That's when I found the beast in the picture attached.

0310155A30211001W00105.jpg

So whats your question here exactly?

Prepare to pay a premium price for an LC let alone an LX470 in Japan. Common thing I noticed with Land Cruisers in Japan, most are low mileage. And most owners turned sellers maintain their vehicles particularly well. Tons of aftermarket options like Jaos and Ganador for the Lc/Lc there. I think similar with other markets, the HDT-FTE 100 demands more than the 2UZFE in Japan.

Hi all,

I'm going to Japan next year and have begun the arduous Landy hunt.
At first I was set on a 70s series, but later found out I could not register a diesel vehicle in Kanagawa.
Then I looked into the 80s series, was a big fan of everything but the price.

That's when I learned about the 100s I know I won't be doing heavy off roading and the 100s series seem to be at just the right level of what I'm looking for in terms of driving comfort with a decent bit of off road capability and decent price point.

So I've been watching youtube videos and reading posts on here to find out what I need to know about getting a JDM Land Cruiser 100.

That's when I found the beast in the picture attached.

View attachment 2829161
A Lexus LX470 Land Cruiser VX. I guess I need an education on JDM models.

Rare F-Sport even! Japan didn't sell Lexus' until later... so I'm pretty sure it's a Toyota.

How long are you staying in Japan? Make sure you consider the 25+ year old importation clause, might be worth to get an early 100 series since they'll be eligible for importation into the US by 2024. While you're there, find yourself a nice 70 series prior to returning that you can either import for personal use or import to sell and fund your 100 series importation. Enjoy it!!

Rare F-Sport even! Japan didn't sell Lexus' until later... so I'm pretty sure it's a Toyota.
Yeah, I think so. I just thought it was funny that someone rebadged it for Lexus. Wondering if I should switch it back to Toyota if that's the one I get.

Also trying to figure out the different options and trim levels, but I'm assuming there's already a post about that somewhere on the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom