100 dollar awning (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got this "king camp" awning to use in Big Bend next week. Overall it's pretty nice, I'm happy with it and it sets up easy as could be. Lots of shade and packs up pretty small. Not a bad deal overall!

IMG_20170609_194704.jpg

Like it !!! Your going to need it

Is it the King camp compass? Looks good, I wonder can it be oriented to shade the side of the 60 rather than the back? It looks big enough

Is it the King camp compass? Looks good, I wonder can it be oriented to shade the side of the 60 rather than the back? It looks big enough

I'm pretty sure you can set it up however you wanted. It has bungee adjustable lashings. Additionally I bought some marine suction cup to down straps so I can put those on the body or windows wherever I want to connect it.

I've been eyeing this cover for a while. I like the many different ways it can be used as part of the truck or by itself and how small it packs down. How's the quality?

FYI for anyone looking I found the cheapest one on sears website (who knew that was still alive) for $72. Hopefully its the same one.

I've been eyeing this cover for a while. I like the many different ways it can be used as part of the truck or by itself and how small it packs down. How's the quality?

The quality is OK not high end stuff. It's fairly heavy with pretty decent poles. But it packs up will stay in the back of my cruiser from now on. Sets up in just a few minutes with no help needed.

Cool, I bought one of these at REI on a clearance deal years ago, just found the box again this weekend cleaning out the garage. You've inspired me dig it out and set it up.

Is the pole height adjustable? That would be a super nice feature, if so. Haha...my old man was the master at setting up a canopy like this with just a tarp, some nylon cord, and some really cool telescoping poles long before there was any cool camping gear. I swiped those poles out of his garage when he moved.

Just purchased one of these myself. Will be here Thursday. I'm looking forward to checking it out and modifying it, etc. I'm not ready to go the full vehicle-mounted awning yet as I've only got 7' garage doors.

Just got this "king camp" awning to use in Big Bend next week. Overall it's pretty nice, I'm happy with it and it sets up easy as could be. Lots of shade and packs up pretty small. Not a bad deal overall!

View attachment 1476449

i have the same king camp awning that i've used for a couple seasons now. I like it quite a bit...packs down very small, and goes up easily enough.

i modded the kit a little bit buying reflective cord to stabilize the poles better by having 2 cords run down to the ground. - and see the cord at night

https://www.amazon.com/Nite-Ize-Ref...=167136048840&hvpos=1o5&hvnetw=g&hvrand=55485

I’m going to see if I can fab something up where I could add a second one right next to it, length-wise, perhaps. May need one more pole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom