100, Cygnus or 200? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,
I had to sell my original 100 when I moved but am now back looking.
I have a couple of options and wanted some feedback
My options are
*2000 LC with around 60,000 miles on it. (Have a few here 50-100k miles)
*2000 LC Cygnus. 2 options one has 50k miles other has 100k (Kind of like the uniqueness of it)
*2007 LC 60k miles (Also $10k more than those listed)
Won't be doing any serious off-roading.
All are petrol models. Decided against diesel as won't be a ton of long highway driving and the costs upfront and potential maintenance make the petrol costs negligible.(unless someone can convince me otherwise).
Appreciate any thoughts.

Screenshot_20230104-094045.png

Screenshot_20230104-094331.png

Screenshot_20230104-094424.png

Are you in the USA? Is cygnus is RHD JDM?

Check rust on frame.

Get the 200 for extra $10K. If you don't plan to buy the 200, please let me know the price of it assuming it is in PA and no rust.

Hard to beat a 200. Love my 100, but one day, I'll probably be loving a 200 when the price comes down to where I'd like it to be.

Are you in the USA? Is cygnus is RHD JDM?

Check rust on frame.

Get the 200 for extra $10K. If you don't plan to buy the 200, please let me know the price of it assuming it is in PA and no rust.
Hi
I was in the States but in NZ for now.
These are all RHD JDM
No rust on any of them.
For the cost of them I may look to bring it back with me when I return.
Thanks for your thoughts

On a capability standpoint, there is no terrain that the 100 couldn’t go that the 100 is able to.

Technology, the 200 has the edge.
Character, the 100 has more.

Here in North America, the 200 was offered from 2008 to present and all of them was equipped with the 3UR 5.7 liter V8. I am not so sure if the 2007 200 series you posted here has the 2UZ 4.7 V8 engine (which is the same as 100 you lister here as well).

It really depends on which sings to you more. Do you have the opportunity to test drive both? If yes I suggest doing so, it’s all about your preference, budget and liking. Fwiw, they are both cruisers, both legendary.

On a capability standpoint, there is no terrain that the 100 couldn’t go that the 100 is able to.

Technology, the 200 has the edge.
Character, the 100 has more.

Here in North America, the 200 was offered from 2008 to present and all of them was equipped with the 3UR 5.7 liter V8. I am not so sure if the 2007 200 series you posted here has the 2UZ 4.7 V8 engine (which is the same as 100 you lister here as well).

It really depends on which sings to you more. Do you have the opportunity to test drive both? If yes I suggest doing so, it’s all about your preference, budget and liking. Fwiw, they are both cruisers, both legendary.
All the 200s I have access to over here are the 4.7 2UZ.
Agree with the character of the 100.
Thoughts on a 100 vs the 100 Cygnus( aka Toyota Branded LX470)?

All the 200s I have access to over here are the 4.7 2UZ.
Agree with the character of the 100.
Thoughts on a 100 vs the 100 Cygnus( aka Toyota Branded LX470)?
I’m glad you asked, here’s my experience. I had an 04 GCC 1HDFTE 5-speed (regular LC not Cygnus) with AHC and I now have an 06 LX470 with AHC. Option-wise the LX is better any day than my previous 04 LC. The “Cygnus” is the 100 all-optioned variant same as the LX470 here in NA with better floor to ceiling sound insulation, power retractable heated mirrors, AHC, Mark Levinson audio system, laminated wood trim on the steering wheel. But that’s if you are okay with the quad headlights the Cygnus has. It’s basically an LC on tuxedo but retains the infamous “Toyota” Land Cruiser tax which is a dream spec for most if not all amongst the cruiser cult. The 60k vs 100k mileage at this point wouldn’t matter, you will need to baseline either anyway as they are 20+ year old vehicles.

I have a few friends in NZ, whom I have successfully turned to be LC fans (they periodically send me cruisers when they spot one) but haven’t sent me yet an LX-looking cruiser aka Cygnus. So ratio wise, I think in NZ the Cygnus spec tends to be the “rare” one than the usual Land Cruiser model. Which is practically the same as the whole of Australia, my sister had lived in Perth for 15 years now and even her has just seen less than 5 LXs in her entire residency there. So having a Cygnus in NZ definitely checks the “unique and cool” box.

Good luck with your purchase mate, keep us posted which one you end up with.

Last edited:
I’m glad you asked, here’s my experience. I had an 04 GCC 1HDFTE 5-speed (regular LC not Cygnus) with AHC and I now have an 06 LX470 with AHC. Option-wise the LX is better any day than my previous 04 LC. The “Cygnus” is the 100 all-optioned variant same as the LX470 here in NA with better floor to ceiling sound insulation, power retractable heated mirrors, AHC, Mark Levinson audio system, laminated wood trim on the steering wheel. But that’s if you are okay with the quad headlights the Cygnus has. It’s basically an LC on tuxedo but retains the infamous “Toyota” Land Cruiser tax which is a dream spec for most if not all amongst the cruiser cult. The 60k vs 100k mileage at this point wouldn’t matter, you will need to baseline either anyway as they are 20+ year old vehicles.

I have a few friends in NZ, whom I have successfully turned to be LC fans (they periodically send me cruisers when they spot one) but haven’t sent me yet an LX-looking cruiser aka Cygnus. So ratio wise, I think in NZ the Cygnus spec tends to be the “rare” one than the usual Land Cruiser model. Which is practically the same as the whole of Australia, my sister had lived in Perth for 15 years now and even her has just seen less than 5 LXs in her entire residency there. So having a Cygnus in NZ definitely checks the “unique and cool” box.

Good luck with your purchase mate, keep us posted which one you end up with.
Cheers for all that. I was leaning towards the Cygnus. I do prefer the LC front but being badged LC helps me mentally handle that. Them all having the same engine equalizes them a bit for me. I would have some extra cash to put into the 100 series vs the 200. 200 series might be a maybe later deal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom