100 and 2nd Vehicle? 200? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You're all wrong.

Sports car.

Don't do what I did and buy yourself a limousine to scratch the itch.

You'll still want a sports car.

Sports car.

@OSihota you speak my language. I'm not a finance guy but the numbers have to make sense and that's what I'm trying to sort out.

Doing all the work myself 15 years ago I had a pretty well-built truck with about $10k into it. I'll be hitting $15k with this truck in mods to only replicate what I had in the 80. I imagine I could easily hit $5k more on top of that in a 200.
10k in 2006 = 13k now...inflation

Like @nukegoat already said, even though I could, I wouldn't want to DD any of my off road toys. Having a fairly built 100 and 4runner which I love driving, wheeling and enjoying them, but the constant wear and tear, fuel mileage, and all the other idiot drivers we have here in MD doesn't justify it for me. I picked up an 08 Mazda 3 and its been the perfect commuter car for me and my family and the best part of all ( at least for me because I have the tendency to dump way to much into the Toyotas) is I don't particularly love the car its just transportation.

I have been strongly considering sell off both my LX450 and 4runner to buy a tundra just because it would be nice to use it for towing and I have had been plenty of times I just miss the usefulness of a truck

A family member of mine has a 200 and I got to borrow it for like a week, is it a nice truck absolutely. Would I eventually like to own one... sure, but when comparing it to my 100 and its uses, they are 2 very different trucks. If you just plan on driving it id say you probably are going to love it, but if you plan on modifying it you got to ask yourself is it really going to be a better platform than your 100. just my 2 cents

Why not just get a older Tundra 1st gen. Keep your 100 and get a truck. Trucks are great for their utility as you know. And 100's are great for well almost anything else.

Don't ask me, I have the most impractical motor pool in the neighborhood.
IMG_0514.jpg

Don't ask me, I have the most impractical motor pool in the neighborhood.
View attachment 2575458
My dad had an MB like that, but in a metallic green. One of my earliest memories is going out with him for breakfast on Saturday AMs in that car, it had the best ride (like a glide)! Then again, my dad's other car was an FJ45 troop carrier that rode like a Conestoga wagon! :)

My dad had an MB like that, but in a metallic green. One of my earliest memories is going out with him for breakfast on Saturday AMs in that car, it had the best ride (like a glide)! Then again, my dad's other car was an FJ45 troop carrier that rode like a Conestoga wagon! :)
Thanks @ramangain & @Exiled, not to thread-jack but one of the best parts about driving the old coupe is how many people come up to tell me their own stories about family members who used to have one, or memories of riding around in them a a kid. It's special for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom