100, a price to stop you in your tracks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've been searching for a cruiser for the past year. First looking to replace the old 60, and I've now after driving a few decided on a 100.

I have a potentially great deal in the works and need some input.

108k miles...crazy high
aside from the following it looks, sounds, drives, and feels like new
when breaking hard some shudder is evident
stearing feels a bit heavy
shocks feel a bit soft

no service records are available

so it has double the mileage I'm looking at and no records but considering that...

what would you consider a STEAL $$$ for this vehicle. I mean a price that you would buy at without thinking twice. The deal of the century!

seller is very motivated
:cheers:

Last edited:
I think you forgot the price$$$?

I'm pretty sure that he is looking for opinions on what would be a great deal on a vehicle he is looking at, vs. selling...

correct

As far as price goes, NADA trade-in is $25,025, and retail is $28,825. In my own experience, worst that the seller can say is no. If seller is truly motivated, you might be pleasantly surprised. If not, at least you have a baseline of where they are (or aren't).

Kelley Blue Book is even lower: Good Condition Trade-in-=-$20,050

Go for broke!!!

Last edited:
I gave him a little info about all the low mileage cars with records and not really willing to pay over $20k for a truck with so many miles and no records and he said make an offer...so that's what I'm trying to work up.

KBB Trade for excellent is 21.5 - 2k off for service needed since no records and high miles and I'm at $19.5.

I guess what I'm looking for is a price that others would buy at in a second considering that an 00' with 50k miles can be had for about $20k...

Last edited:
I think $20k is about right for a deal. Around here, its tough to find a 2000 model with same milaeage & condition for less than $20k. You can find them, but you've got to do some work.

I don't mean to be a mouch but can someone run a Carfax for me on said vehicle.

vin - JTEHT05J132030916

17.5 to 20 at the most.

Saw that one advertised last week, it's my preferred color, White. I would get it closely checked. First thing, is is a CA car? I have seen several small dealers trying to sell cars from back east that have lots of rust.

Saw that one advertised last week, it's my preferred color, White. I would get it closely checked. First thing, is is a CA car? I have seen several small dealers trying to sell cars from back east that have lots of rust.

the car is local I've driven it and looked it over...been talking to the guy for a week or so.

You have to consider the service here too. Figure $2k to "zero-time" the engine/drivetrain maintenance (the whole 90K service, etc). A price tag of $20-21K (which is what I'd call reasonable, especially if he's eager to sell) then becomes $22-23K out the door for you -- still pretty good for this truck.

Figure out if the PS pump or shocks need to be replaced, and take that off the price. Same for the brakes.

You have to consider the service here too. Figure $2k to "zero-time" the engine/drivetrain maintenance (the whole 90K service, etc). A price tag of $20-21K (which is what I'd call reasonable, especially if he's eager to sell) then becomes $22-23K out the door for you -- still pretty good for this truck.

Figure out if the PS pump or shocks need to be replaced, and take that off the price. Same for the brakes.

After how many miles of non-offroad use do the shocks need to be replaced? My shocks feel a bit soft with 96K on it. Is there a factory recommended interval for it?

Unfortunately, I do not have another 100 to compare my ride with to determine if my shocks are worn out. It is not bad enough to bounce when I press on the front or rear bumpers. There is some play, but no bounce.

After how many miles of non-offroad use do the shocks need to be replaced? My shocks feel a bit soft with 96K on it. Is there a factory recommended interval for it?

Unfortunately, I do not have another 100 to compare my ride with to determine if my shocks are worn out. It is not bad enough to bounce when I press on the front or rear bumpers. There is some play, but no bounce.

I replaced mine at 36K. They are always soft and get worse with time. Tune it, new brakes/rotors and shocks. It will be like new again.

I replaced mine at 36K. They are always soft and get worse with time. Tune it, new brakes/rotors and shocks. It will be like new again.

Not trying to hijack this thread, but have one more question: by tune up, you mean replace the shocks, right? I am thinking about putting blisteins in.

I don't mean to be a mouch but can someone run a Carfax for me on said vehicle.

vin - JTEHT05J132030916

There are some threads in the 80 forum where people have asked for carfax reports by providing vin numbers. Maybe you want to try there as well. My carfax expired so I can't help you.

Or try chat. There's always someone there with a carfax acct.

thanks will do...

I also keep hearing words like, reasonable, fair, and good deal. I'm not interested in any of these as I can always find those deals.

What I'm looking for is...
"what would you consider a STEAL $$$ for this vehicle. I mean a price that you would buy at without thinking twice. The deal of the century!"

I'd really consider picking up another one for 16-18K. I don't think I'd have much hesitation about it either. Make it $15k and I'd wire the funds tomm. morning! :D

Like someone else posted, $17.5 seems like a decent deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom