100/105 series diesel gears (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys I know this has been asked and I am just not finding it. But I am looking for the 100 series style of rear diff gears where the face of the teeth are longer than the 80 series. Also a 105 or 80 front diff gear set to match. In a diesel friendly ratio of 3.55. I am pretty sure I have seen them, but can't find them now that I am getting back into this project.

Any idea where I could find a set? Was this ratio offered in an overseas diesel model or is there an aftermarket gear manufacturer beside the normal Nitro, etc?

Thanks!

I found these. Does anyone have any idea about their quality? I could probably go 3.7 if there are better quality gears out there.

IMG_5362.JPG

I found these. Does anyone have any idea about their quality? I could probably go 3.7 if there are better quality gears out there.

IMG_5362.JPG
These are the exact diff gears used in one of Australia's most powerful and fastest FTE powered 4x4 so I'm pretty sure that'll do fine. Think he's the fastest non common rail diesel and the 5th fastest overall diesel running 11sec down the quarter mile. I was also deciding between these and the 3.7 ratio but opted for the 3.7 and I'm really happy with them.

Last edited:
These are the exact diff gears used in one of Australia's most powerful and fastest FTE powered 4x4 so I'm pretty sure that'll do fine. Think he's the fastest non common rail diesel and the 5th fastest overall diesel running 11sec down the quarter mile. I was also deciding between these and the 3.7 ratio but opted for the 3.7 and I'm really happy with them.

has he put 100K miles on them?

Mark’s 4wd has gears they claim are made by the same OEM Toyota supplier in quite a range of ratios including 3:5. I bought their 3:73 rear ring and pinion going on 5 years and close to 100k miles and have had zero issues.

I’m running 3:73 gears with 285’s FYI

Mark’s 4wd has gears they claim are made by the same OEM Toyota supplier in quite a range of ratios including 3:5. I bought their 3:73 rear ring and pinion going on 5 years and close to 100k miles and have had zero issues.

I’m running 3:73 gears with 285’s FYI
Thanks, I remember Marks used to have them, but they are no longer on their website.

@scottryana You might want to reach out to them and ask. Not sure why they don't list them. I've had no complaints.

Would anyone care to share a VIN for a 105 that has the 3.9 gears so I can be sure I order the correct rear 9.5" and front reverse rotation 8"? I have been looking on Amayama and Partsouq but they do not list ratios and it is a little suspect to order without knowing what I am going to get. lol.

I would really like to use the 100 series type of gears in the numerically lowest range Toyota offered.

To my knowledge, all auto FZJ105 had 3.9 diffs. Vin incoming by PM

Edit: ignore me, no idea what I'm talking about

Last edited:
Auto FZJ105 are 4.3. Auto HDJ100 are 3.9, aswell as all vdj76/78/79 from 07 to current.
Thanks when I looked for VDJ79 it says the front 3.9 is no longer available. :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom