10 year old Gturbo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Reporting back after installing the Torfab pin and doing some more tuning. Really happy with how the truck drives, I wouldn't say it turned the truck into a race car, nor did it make any drastic changes to the WOT range, but it really woke it up on the low to mid range. Before it was sluggish until I got to ~2500, now I start feeling it around 1500. I took the truck on a weekend trip filled with mountain passes, steep climbs, and dirt had a smile the whole time. Before where I would downshift going up hills, now just give it some throttle and it continues to pull in high gear. As for the Torfab pin, initially I felt it was pricey, but once received, the quality showed, and apparent how difficult it would be to achieve the same profile grinding by hand. Comparing it to the stock pin, it is drastically different, with a much deeper profile at the low end, thus the improvements at the lower boost levels. Overall I am happy with the current setup and will leave it alone for now and hope nothing else breaks...

Cheers

Reporting back after installing the Torfab pin and doing some more tuning. Really happy with how the truck drives, I wouldn't say it turned the truck into a race car, nor did it make any drastic changes to the WOT range, but it really woke it up on the low to mid range. Before it was sluggish until I got to ~2500, now I start feeling it around 1500. I took the truck on a weekend trip filled with mountain passes, steep climbs, and dirt had a smile the whole time. Before where I would downshift going up hills, now just give it some throttle and it continues to pull in high gear. As for the Torfab pin, initially I felt it was pricey, but once received, the quality showed, and apparent how difficult it would be to achieve the same profile grinding by hand. Comparing it to the stock pin, it is drastically different, with a much deeper profile at the low end, thus the improvements at the lower boost levels. Overall I am happy with the current setup and will leave it alone for now and hope nothing else breaks...

Cheers

It's the low end and midrange improvements that make these engines fun to drive.
Fattening the torque curve completely changes the way they drive.
It's not about the peak power, but how you get there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom