10 🍌 question: side view mirror (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Max.Powerzz

Cruisers and Art!
Threads
Any recommendations for glue for the side view mirror? Something that will hold well in hot and cold weather. Any other tips for reattaching? It fell off on a hot day.

16362271862063376931044158004216.jpg

Everything I tried, including liquid nails construction adhesive eventually failed so I bought new OE Aus mirrors. The aftermarket mirrors are not worth $100.

What Spike Strip said. I had a pair of knock off FJ62 manual mirrors, and while they were better than the FJ60 stock mirrors, they vibrated like crazy & I hated them.

I did the Aussie mirrors. Pricey but pretty nice. I keep tightening them but they get lose again.

Also, for anyone who does decide on the aftermarket mirrors, don't get the chrome ones, get the black. The Chrome or mirror coating is VERY thin and will start to flake quickly. After about six months, I sanded mine down and painted flat black, before replacing with the OE Aus mirrors.

If the Taiwanese mirrors were say, $40 or so for a pair, I'd live with the imperfections, but at about $100 one is better off with the Toyota mirrors which will last the life of the truck, if you don't smash 'em!

Awesome! I’m going to get a pair. $pendy but seems worth it given that the stock mirrors are almost a safety hazard.

@Go big blue
If you are asking about these side mirrors?
OEM Euro Spec Land Cruiser FJ60 Mirrors - Set of 2 - https://www.cityracerllc.com/collections/land-cruiser-60-series/products/oem-euro-spec-land-cruiser-fj60-mirrors-set-of-2
Yes I have installed them and yes they are awesome. My only regret is that I wish I didn’t wait as long as I did before putting on the @Racer65 mirrors. Way mo better than what I was previously working with
City Racer ever offer a discount? Those look bad ass!!

I just ordered the Aussie mirrors from city racer this morning. The imported 70 series mirrors that I tried were better than the originals but really bothered me. They were the Chinese crap. I am looking forward to installing the euro mirrors.

Looking for the chrome replacement electronic mirrors for my 93 Prado. I've been looking for a while but can't find any good deals, especially for the pair. I do want the electronic mirrors, but I'm all ears. Are the Euro mirrors any different than the OG Toyota? Thanks.

The only thing the stock 60 mouse ears are good for are when you are lost in the woods and need to start a fire by reflecting the sun onto parched grass. There is no other use for them. The 62 mirrors, on the other hand, are the boss.

To answer the OP's queston, 3M's 5200, Amazon product ASIN B000Y89JC8I work on ships and we use it all the time. Its permanent, waterproof and easy to work with. Though my preference is still my fender mirrors.

20210722_103315.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom