10 🍌 question: side view mirror

• Thread starter Max.Powerzz
  • Start date
  • Watchers 4
Max.Powerzz

Max.Powerzz

Cruisers and Art!
Any recommendations for glue for the side view mirror? Something that will hold well in hot and cold weather. Any other tips for reattaching? It fell off on a hot day.

MoaByte

MoaByte

SILVER Star
3m double sided tape. The thick black stuff.

Spike Strip

Spike Strip

Let's Go Brandon !
SILVER Star
Everything I tried, including liquid nails construction adhesive eventually failed so I bought new OE Aus mirrors. The aftermarket mirrors are not worth $100.

FJ60Seth

FJ60Seth

SILVER Star
What Spike Strip said. I had a pair of knock off FJ62 manual mirrors, and while they were better than the FJ60 stock mirrors, they vibrated like crazy & I hated them.

MoaByte

MoaByte

SILVER Star
I did the Aussie mirrors. Pricey but pretty nice. I keep tightening them but they get lose again.

Spike Strip

Spike Strip

Let's Go Brandon !
SILVER Star
Also, for anyone who does decide on the aftermarket mirrors, don't get the chrome ones, get the black. The Chrome or mirror coating is VERY thin and will start to flake quickly. After about six months, I sanded mine down and painted flat black, before replacing with the OE Aus mirrors.

If the Taiwanese mirrors were say, $40 or so for a pair, I'd live with the imperfections, but at about $100 one is better off with the Toyota mirrors which will last the life of the truck, if you don't smash 'em!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom