10 PLY Tire Psi's (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
To all those out there running 10 ply tires what are you running for air psi? I just installed my 275/70/18 Yoko Geolandar's and they are E rated 10 ply tires. I set the cold psi to 40psi but I'm thinking now that might not be enough. Shout out to everyone who recommended this size btw. They really fill out the wheel wells nicely and don't rub at all. Think it will look much better once I get my lift installed(hopefully this weekend) though.

I’ve run mine at 35 and at 40, but you can run them up to 80. Given you aren’t hauling 1.5 tons, like I can in my F-350, the high pressure isn’t necessary, and would be a pretty rough ride.

I haven’t hated 40psi, it is noticeably harsher than 35. I think I’m going back to 35.

I run them at 30 psi around town, 35-40 psi on long highway trips, and 15 psi offroad. Do chalk test.

Chalk test on my 33's Falken Wild Peaks shows 30 for rears 32 for fronts is just about right.

Like @JunkCrzr89 I air up a bit for longer trips.

I just bumped up to 35 rear and 37 front just to try it out this week. It's rough again but my cornering is improved.

15 for true off road use, and 20-25 for extended distances on gravel roads.

Run my Geo's at 40 psi cold.

Geo2.jpg

Tire Geolander GO15.png

40 PSI on my 33" Toyo RT E-Rated on road. 15-18PSI Off road

E rated- I run low to Mid 30’s for local driving duty, mid to high 30’s for highway duty.

37-42 on 1500 truck type of vehicles like the 100, 200, and Tundra

46-55 on 2500 type trucks. Definetly 55 psi-ish on a diesel 2500.

Start here. Add pressure to compensate for added weight.

40-42 on road for ST Maxx E load
^^^^
Yep, that's what I run on my 80 series. 40 psi up front....42 to 45 in the rear depending on weight load back there. More if pulling a trailer.

cooper-discoverer-st-maxx.jpg

Cooper1.jpg

I used this calculator: Tire Pressure Calculator - https://tiresize.com/pressure-calculator/

I think most people run higher pressures than what the calculator says. I remember reading someone on the forum posting a data sheet that did a similar calculation to the one I've linked above. Anyway, I run 37 front and 38 rear on my 275/70/18 BFG E rated tires.

edit: oops, I see someone else linked the same thing above. I'll leave it anyway.

Man, that is a lot of pressure in those Coopers and Yokohamas! How is the ride quality? Is tread wearing evenly at those pressures? I suppose it could be a more flat footed tire pattern but if I had 40 in my Falkens I'd have chicken strips going on even with the extra weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom