10 day 00 LC build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You seems to know what you are doing so ignore me if this isn't helpful but I would wait a couple of weeks before cutting off a coil in the rear. These trucks always seems to settle down a bit after new suspension and it might lose 1/2" in the back on its own!

The tourflex coils I got were used and well broken in by @lasoundguy so no need.

I did end up trimming the top coil last week, which put the ride height exactly where I wanted it. I will say tapering a spring after cutting a coil off is a ton of work and makes a huge mess... But it was worth it for the end result.

Only picture I have since the coil trimming. And we got 2” of rain on Sunday, so I don’t have to worry about my house burning down for another week or 2.

FB672889-BF65-4A94-80DB-12A1679D30B8.jpeg

I also ended up ordering a prospeed rack. Not sure which truck it will end up on just yet.

Progress slowed down for about a week. We had a massive forest fire close to where we live and spent 5 days preparing to evacuate. Had to load up my LX and get it ready to go when we were told to get out.

View attachment 2716685

That was lifted Thursday evening, so I got a few things done on the truck.

Played with front ride height and settled at 21.5” which leaves the front with 3.25” of droop with the extended icon shocks.

In the rear, the slee springs were too short for extended travel shocks. They literally fell out when I put the truck on jack stands. So I swapped those for a pair of tourflex tapered wire 3” heavy springs. Night and day difference in ride quality and stability. I now have tapered wire dual rate springs on all of my trucks, and wouldn't have it any other way. The rear measures 23.75" empty and 23" with 400lbs in the back. Plan is to cut the top coil, which will lower the rear down to just over 23" empty and about 1/2" of rake when loaded for fun.

Took it into Findlay toyota for an alignment this morning, the tech spent over an hour dialing it in where I wanted it. End result - it drives great! This dealership did all of the service on this truck since they opened in 2008, they were happy to see it in the current form.

View attachment 2716681

Left enough room in the camber where I can raise it 1/4" without making a meaningful difference. Might do that later on, probably wont.

View attachment 2716684

Yo Mike,

You got a build thread in the sas’ed 100?

Cheers

Not yet, if I did it would be the most boring and least updated build thread on mud... lol

I have been taking pictures, so i'll do a retroactive thread in the not too distant future. Planning to get it back in the shop Sunday, moab trip planned in October and i'd like to drive the LX.

I have not updated this thread for a while, been busy with other projects and what not.

Been daily driving the truck, including a few trips to Phx.

Had performance muffler in Phoenix build a 2 1/4" dual to 3" single exhaust with a magnaflow muffler, magnaflow cats and a vibrant resonator. Id say it picked up about 30hp from the complete exhaust and it sounds awesome. Picked up about 1.5mpg as well, got 14.5mpg on the last trip to and from Phx going 80 the whole way.

lc100.jpg

Then I bought a 4x4labs front bumper kit, some marlin sliders and just got my prospeed roof rack from the 4th of July group buy. Those are awaiting install at the moment.

After having the G003's for a few weeks I decided they were way too loud on the highway. They are a bit louder than the 35" 3 year old stt pros that are on my 80. Since 90% of this trucks use is highway, I decided to put the MT baja boss AT back on order. After a 9 week wait, I had them installed today - awesome tires! Super quiet and they handle a bit better than the yoko's.

LC.jpg

LC1.jpg

My cousin saw the truck over labor day weekend and fell in love with it. We hashed out a deal for him to buy it, but after a week of thinking about it he decided it would stretch him too thin. Since then I have got used to the idea of selling it, especially since I have a new project arriving on a trailer tomorrow. So, i'm putting it up for sale in the classifieds. I will give it a few days, then post it elsewhere. Price is $22k if anyone is interested. Should have the rest of the parts installed next week.

Did you ever finish thats SAS'd 100 of yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom