'10/78 manu date FJ40; what are my radiator options?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my who know how old OEM radiator is leaking and I know I could have it repaired and pressure checked, but how long would it last? Granted this existing unit has never run hot in the past. From what I see new OEM is NLA. What are folks doing? I see what appears to be a nice 4 core unit sold by CCOT, has anyone used this unit??? Any opinions appreciated.

one that is made of copper and brass, not aluminum(but that is in option, but not 1 I would go with)

CCOT looks good

I have used these in 6 or more of my Cruisers, all have 10+ years on them. You may need a smaller cap, I know the fj60s use the fj62 small cap

Free Shipping. 1979 TOYOTA LAND CRUISER RADIATOR 1959 4.2 Liters, 6 Cyl, 255 CI

saw a nice(for plastic) Koyo going in a 80 series last week, wish they made them for the 40. They went with the Koyo after trying a Spectra that didn't fit

@Landpimp you have installed the Performance radiator unit or the CCOT?? On the performance unit what cap will I need for it??

Repair your OEM unit it should last at least a decade.

Guys, it's gotta be known. OEM radiator is available. It's 4 core; it's beautiful; it will drain without making a mess, and it's cheaper than CCOT's aftermarket.

IMG_0157.JPG
IMG_0162.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks Rog, @Racer65 is the OEM unit you have pictured copper/brass and a 4 core? I thought the original units were only three core?

I ordered a OEM day before yesterday, when I saw this thread I said oh no!

@gator25, who did you go with and will you share cost? I probably need a new cap as well, the unit in mine is out of a 60................

Performance , they are local to me and back then we paid less than $200 each .

But I'd take an OEM, guess i should pick on up

@Landpimp you have installed the Performance radiator unit or the CCOT?? On the performance unit what cap will I need for it??

Oem is currently a 4 core.

This 16400-49356 from @beno a few years ago.

IMG_1786.JPG

IMG_1787.JPG

OEM parts....Za-only way!.....:smokin:

Oh how does the OEM radiator perform, one may ask? Not a great example, but is recent.....With an exterior temp around 60F and after 1.5 hours of driving last week, below is a photo of my Temp gauge.
IMG_4536.jpg

Even during the Summer heat it runs on the cool side. :D

I did an OEM unit, paid $287. Reasonable for a change-lol

Didnt realize they come with a cap-guess I will be returning that

never had a problem with the Performance rad's i have used, all cool perfectly..................but there are now 2 less OEM FJ40 rads' in stock. I had thought they got really spendy.........but it almost seems they have gone down in price compared to 10 years ago. This was a no brainier at $254+tax a pop, no shipping

better go see if I have enough dipsticks ;)

@Landpimp yes and thanks for responding to my radiator dilemma. Cant beat the fit of OEM

Anyone know what size clamps(2) that I need to connect the lower radiator hose to radiator and connector pipe?? Toyota lists both a 50 and a 58mm clamp???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom