10/73 Clutch Hydraulics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I regularly have to pump clutch to build pressure. I suspect it is not the slave because the fluid level is not declining. That said, the slave is also old and the hose has seen better days as well.

I read somewhere that @FJ40Jim recommended changing to the '75 & later clutch MC (it is half the price and a more standard design). Should I stick with the 10/73 slave? I do have an SM420 but I did not change the clutch hydraulics when I installed it. Other than hard line changes, anything special about updating the master?

I swapped over on my 1974. Very happy with the results. But I had a mix of parts from different years which was the root of my issues. I purchased a used hard line, new master/slave, new soft line. Think that was it. The price was about the same either way. I’ve not had one single issue with the new setup. Whichever way you go, do the master and slave together.

Also, if you are going to move your slave make sure you can move your fork. I detailed how I did it on the thread below. Not sure if you have the same bell housing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom