10.5 on 15x10? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First, let me say that I HAVE done extensive searching and I've learned a lot. But this issue has only been mentioned a couple of times. The general feelings were that it was not a good idea. But they seemed like opinions rather than fact.

Currently I've got a 15x10 rim, with 32x11.5 on it and they're worn out. I don't like the way it rides or looks. (I'm a skinny tire fan)

I will eventually decide on a narrower rim, (possibly OEM/despite Landpimps complaints)
but for now can I mount 33x10.5 on this rim?

Thanks everyone, I can't wait to finally come to a decision.:eek:

You can mount it, bu tI wouldnt wheel with it that way.

Sound slike you need tires now. And cannot afford the 15x8 rims you want right? If you are a skinny tire fan, why not go with some stock rims and the 33x10.5's? They will mount up fine and will be skinny to boot.

I personally woudl try to stay about 4" over the rim width with the tire width. (I run 8.5 wide rims and 12.5 tires.) Thsi will help them hold a bead and it just looks alot better!

PS- If you need some stock rims I have 2 sets that I need to sell. I will be heading to Atl in about a month and can bring them with me. PM me if you are interested in them and I can send you some pics.

I bitch about alot of stuff :D

Well, it's mostly an issue of I cannot come to a decision on the look I want.:confused:
So yes, basically it's all about vanity.
And a good, straight ride on the highway.

I keep going back and forth between
-91-92/ 80 series wheels
-stepping up to the 16 inch. (either aus OEM or taco rim)
-or stock 15 OEM.

It's a tough call.

But I am interested in your wheels.

I will now PM you

Thanks

Last edited:
Get some 15x8 Rock Crawlers if you're into the black look. Can be had for about $40 apiece, give or take $5. I would not mount a 10" tire on a 10" wheel.

I went through this with an 84 mini truck (sorry no pics). I looked horrible and wheeled even worse. It appeared as though the tires were actually narrower than the wheel! Do anything but this... I'm not sure if this helps, but I run 38.5x 15.50 swampers on those rims....now that looks great.

You can physically mount them but I would not suggest it. I think that it will create a very bad wear pattern and you will not like the ride or look.

don't do it. I had a set of 31 10.50's mounted on a 10" wheel and the tire was concave. it wore out the outer edge of the tires before it ever got to the center lugs.

clint

Ok,

So that idea is out.

Now I just need to score a set of OEM's...

89'sRule, I sent you a PM, I can meet ya half-way, this week.

Anyone else got a set?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom