10/14 Hunter Lake run (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rusty_tlc

Dain Bramaged Member
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
Trail: Hunter Lake

Description: This is a science trail that runs from Collghen Ranch up to Hunter Lake. We’re also throwing a poker run on this trail. Put in $10 for a hand and try your luck. Best hand wins half the pot.

Date: 10/14/06

Meeting Time: 8:30 am Leave Time: 9:00 am

Meeting Location: Scalari’s parking lot off Collghen Ranch Parkway

Trail Difficulty: 1-2

Additional Equipment needed: Lunch

Duration of Run: We should be done mid afternoon.

Tread Lightly / CB Channel 3
BBCNN

I bet you guys had fun. I haven't been able to make a lot of the meetings lately. I just re-started school and have been busy. Don't think I've forgotten you guys. I was really going to try to be at this last meeting but just spaced it. I know the trail runs will probably slow down for the winter huh. I am currently still at a dead point with my fj40 but have just recently come into some possible garage space and would like to work on it this winter. As for the 60 it still works but it seems to have an issue either with the carb or something worse. It feels like it isn't getting enough fuel or something. Oh well I'll keep working on these things as for the meetings I'll try to make the Nov. C-ya.

It was, I sometimes forget how nice/pretty that run is. Thanks again for allowing me tag along.

Jack
Your more than welcome to come along anytime. Hope to see you when we do Bronco next month.

BTW it was nice haveing some other couples along for a change.

I bet you guys had fun. I haven't been able to make a lot of the meetings lately. I just re-started school and have been busy. Don't think I've forgotten you guys. I was really going to try to be at this last meeting but just spaced it. I know the trail runs will probably slow down for the winter huh. I am currently still at a dead point with my fj40 but have just recently come into some possible garage space and would like to work on it this winter. As for the 60 it still works but it seems to have an issue either with the carb or something worse. It feels like it isn't getting enough fuel or something. Oh well I'll keep working on these things as for the meetings I'll try to make the Nov. C-ya.

I was wondering where you had disappeared to. :D

SOOOO, any pics and or a write up? Turned out to be a beautiful day.
As stated, I hung out with the lil lady, as we havent been seeing too much of eachother lately!
Glad you guyZ had a good time.

Chicago

SOOOO, any pics and or a write up? Turned out to be a beautiful day.
As stated, I hung out with the lil lady, as we havent been seeing too much of eachother lately!
Glad you guyZ had a good time.

Chicago

Wifey took a few pictures, I was busy. :rolleyes:

Not much to write up. We had two 40's, an 80 and our ginormous GMC. Left around 10 after 9:00. Everybody but us walked through the trail with no trouble. The GMC is just a little to long and wide to do that trail comfortably. There was one little section where you go through an aspen grove with lots of ruts that I kind of Ramboed through. There was another spot where there is a little washout with a big drop on PS. The GMC's wide axles put us off camber pretty bad there. Then there is a section of very small ledges. No big deal except the you kind of do an "S" turn through them, tough to do with a long bed extended cab, with some good spotting we made that. I tried to take a mirror off on a tree on the road out, one time there was only an inch or so on each side of the mirrors between the trees.

All in all it's a pretty trail, especialy with the fall color. Pretty much anything with four wheel drive can do the trail.

Dan,
How come you didnt take the 40? I thought you had that x fer done?
Anyway, sounds pretty "hair raising" for you...Howd the missus do with all the action?

Chicago

Dan,
How come you didnt take the 40? I thought you had that x fer done?
Anyway, sounds pretty "hair raising" for you...Howd the missus do with all the action?

Chicago
I was working on the 40 up until 3:00pm on Friday, it takes a while to horse the tranny/toybox/orion case in single handed. ;) I was ready to take a drive and the tranny would not shift, totally bound up. At that point I decided since it was to late in the day and I was tired I would screw something up if I continued. Sunday I jacked the rear axle up, gave the wheels a spin and the shifter freed right up.

Mrs Rusty is a trooper, the only part she really didn't like was the FS road out to Boom Town. It's kind of squirrly so you can't get going fast enough to smooth out the wash board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom