1+ ton FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
:beer:

front: 64.5" d60, yukon chromo inners/outers/kingpins, yukon 4.88, CTM, arb
rear: 63" d70ff, yukon chromo shafts and 4.88, arb
4wheel discs using camaro z28 m/c. hardened high angle driveshafts fr/rr. 37" on 15x8 3.5BS 8 lug Allieds

The inside has been rhinolined and we're building a rear drawer/storage setup.

its been a long time in the making. she rides smooth as butter at 65-70mph and stops on a dime (or maybe a quarter :D). With the extra width and heavier drivetrain, the pig is super stable compared to the stock axle SOA.

still need to open the front fenders a bit, exo, rear carrier, etc. My goal is to have a bomber expedition vehicle as I plan to drive with some bros thru central america next year.

hope you like :cheers:

Wow that's bad ass. :beer:
What's up with the steering damper on the high steer though ???
Also what springs are you running?

All in all that thing is saweet. :D

actually, the picture is deceiving because the drag link is overlapping. the steering setup is basically a stock setup, for now. i plan on going hydro assist soon, tho, so screw the dampener :flipoff2:

the springs are ome 11s in the front and ome 1131 that I removed a leaf.

me either

:rolleyes:
me four.

don't know what's up. they've been visible for days. that sucks. i'll see if i can re-upload the pics.

:cheers:

huh. that works. well, here are some more. i'm almost done with the dual batts. those stainlesstrays.com are real nice! :D

now i see them

FAWKIN DROOOOOOOOL

can you email me those full size... what did you do to them and what are tha axles out of... ie narrowned or super custome s???

kling-on@pirate4x4.com

That is awesome. I wish mine was just like yours. Good work.

Cool!! Glad you guys like it. I'm f-in stoked.

I started with a junk yard pass. side drop chevy dually d60 front that was 69.5" w/o the dually hubs. The driver's side was retubed. The pass. side knuckle was removed using heat/cooling to separate from tube. Then we tacked some perches on, set the vehicle down to allow springs to settle, and determined pinion angle. Then used heat/cooling to press knuckles back on ;) Also re-arched the front springs.

The rear was a centered FFD70 out of a ford motorhome that was 79" :flipoff2: The driver's side was retubed and pass. side narrowed to match the offset of the splitcase.

The brake m/c was replaced with 69 camaro z28 m/c (new) with 1 1/8" bore. The pedal is high and responsive as hell. Can easily lock the tires up on gravel.

The trans. crossmember was knotched a bit. The front cv driveline inner and outer tube is hardened and splined the entire length for long travel. The rear cv driveline inner tube is hardened.

This pic is before the front spring re-arching. 37" SSRs

I'll send you some pics tonight.

[quote author=gkhal1 link=board=12;threadid=7257;start=msg61348#msg61348 date=1068503844]

... Then we tacked some perches on, set the vehicle down to allow springs to settle, and determined pinion angle. .....[/quote]

so your not using the pumkin sprin mounts??? but 2 new welded spring mounts cool

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom