Builds Stretched 1-Ton FJ40 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TMR Customs.

Thank you, @mr jits , @matzell and @DangerNoodle, for the recommendations. What are you all doing for brake lines to go from side to side on the axle?
I found some weld on line holders with rubber isolators and ran hard lines from the tee to each caliper on the rear axle. Front axle was braided steel (coated) lines from frame to calipers.

I found some weld on line holders with rubber isolators and ran hard lines from the tee to each caliper on the rear axle. Front axle was braided steel (coated) lines from frame to calipers.

Does the D60 typically not use a hardline in the steer axle? I don’t remember removing one when I rebuilt my front axle.

Does the D60 typically not use a hardline in the steer axle? I don’t remember removing one when I rebuilt my front axle.
I don't believe so. When I was searching for some possible off-the-shelf lines, I found that all the lines that came up were one extended line for each side running frame to the axle.
I never did find an extended line that met my needs, so I had some made locally (we have a hydraulic line place in Portland that makes DOT coated/braided lines) that ran about $40 for the pair.

I don't believe so. When I was searching for some possible off-the-shelf lines, I found that all the lines that came up were one extended line for each side running frame to the axle.
I never did find an extended line that met my needs, so I had some made locally (we have a hydraulic line place in Portland that makes DOT coated/braided lines) that ran about $40 for the pair.

Thanks for the info. I used AAI Speed Equipment in Arvada, CO back in the late 90s when I did the initial build. What is the name of the place in Portland?

I have used ones from Lugnut4x4 and also have had ones made up locally.

It is back on all four wheels. I still have quite a bit of work to finish the axles and I’ll do that once I get the engine in so that I know what sort of space is left over.

If I were to do it again, and if I wanted to keep the leaf springs, I would make the Dana 60 64” wide instead of 63”. The axle sits an extra inch to the right side but I’ll fix that when I go to coils.

The old WFO cross over steering arms are for sale.

5B15A6A9-A489-4A8E-94E5-1008D0DAFA9F.jpeg

C25E0C7B-2C70-404B-9FD4-3FDD0D170125.jpeg

95819BD9-FB62-42E2-B2BC-C9B4F909C532.jpeg

Looks good Mike. Where did you end up ordering the 4500 from? Thanks again for the deal on your leftovers and for showing me the project last week!

You bet, Evan! I hope that the parts work out. I found the transmission at a local shop in Denver called Steve’s Transmission and Gear. They are rebuilding it and installing a Dodge tailhousing this week. The next time you stop by I may have it installed!

Great to see all the progress Mike! Hard to believe it's the same rig we all wheeled together in the 90s.....

Thanks for the link, I'll keep an eye on the progress.

Let me know if you need help modifying the LS harness. I have done a few. I usually use a pre-made fuse block from Current Performance to power everything on the motor. You could extend the lines and hide the block inside or just leave it in the engine bay.

Thanks for the offer, @afraptor22 . I might hit you up in a few months. I will decide whether I want to tackle the LS harness, or just buy a new one once I get the engine situated in the bay. Thanks for the link, too! I was looking for a good auxiliary fuse block.

Let me know if you need help modifying the LS harness. I have done a few. I usually use a pre-made fuse block from Current Performance to power everything on the motor. You could extend the lines and hide the block inside or just leave it in the engine bay.

I don't recall you using your mirrors much anyway Mike. Didn't I take that picture....?
@Chamba, here it is in the early 1990s on Engineers Pass. @EWheeler, remember what I said about the mirrors. These couldn’t have been more than 12 years old and the right side is pointing straight at the ground.

View attachment 2716058Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom