UPDATE! 1 Month Waiting for Rear Passenger Glass (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
UPDATE! Apparently all I needed to do was make this post. Safelite just called and they are coming to install the window Friday. :)

So first week of May some POS broke my rear passenger window at the gym to snatch my jacket out of the back seat. :mad:

Didnt even keep the jacket. Tossed it out in the street within 100 yards and I spotted it the next day.

So I figure no big deal book an appointment with Safelite and be back in business within a few days.

Boy was I wrong. It has been just over a month now and Safelite has no eta on when Lexus will get them the glass. So I have been rocking the duct taped cardboard for the last few days because I had to go out of town.

Anyone else ever have to wait this long?

Last edited:
2nd row window or 3rd row window in the back? There's a 3rd row window option you could explore below.

1686101700028.jpeg

Had the same thing happen to me many years ago when I had my old Porsche at work. A thief broke the passenger window and stole a very nice pigskin bomber jacket my wife gave me. Very grumpy about that. Not only about the jacket, but it was late and had to drive home in the winter with the window broke out. :mad:

Had the same thing happen to me many years ago when I had my old Porsche at work. A thief broke the passenger window and stole a very nice pigskin bomber jacket my wife gave me. Very grumpy about that. Not only about the jacket, but it was late and had to drive home in the winter with the window broke out. :mad:
I hate thieves. At least it wasnt too cold here and wasnt raining.

I hate thieves. At least it wasnt too cold here and wasnt raining.
Thieves are the scum of the earth. I'll hold my opinion on what should happen with them because it isn't family friendly.

FYI there are no aftermarket companies, according to Safelite, that make the rear passenger door glass. So the wait was due to dealer getting the oem glass. Sucks to have waited so long, but glad to see the Lexus logo on the new glass.

Reactions: r2m

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom