1" lower on the DS than the PS (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i've been fighting a vibration issue for some time. see here (if interested).

i installed OME 850/860's about 4 years ago and she's my DD. no hard wheeling in the past 6 months:crybaby: and no trauma.

a couple of weeks ago, i replaced the bushings in the front and rear panhard and the bushings in the PS rear lower control arm (here). had to stop there cause i messed up one collars of the slee bushing, so i still have the old bushings in the DS rear lower control arm. i have both rear upper bushings, but haven't had the time to get them done...not much change in the vibration (more like "no change").

i know i've done the center of the hub-to-flare measurement before (about a month ago) and they were off a little; not much more than 1/2". but today she looked visably lower on the DS than the PS. so i measured today and got:

DS: 22" from center of the hub to flare (front and rear)
PS: 23" (front and rear)

i'm assuming the new bushings caused the change. my question is, tho, is it doin her any harm driving her like this?
thanks, in advance.

Those springs are side specific. Meaning it's possible to install the wrong spring on the wrong side. Is it possible that's what your experiencing? One spring is longer than the other.

If I'm reading this right; it sounds like the springs were installed a while ago, but the height difference is new. If the difference isn't new then the springs could be on the wrong sides.

If the only change was some of the bushings in the panhard and lower control arms that shouldn't really make a difference in height.

I know that a the difference on mine between a full tank of gas and an empty tank is about 1/2", so I don't even think that'll do it.

I dunno, I guess I got nuthin' - Disregard.:meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom