For Sale 1 HZ, 74,000 km strong runner Burnaby, BC, Canada (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

BiffS

Too many projects... ooh, look. Something shiny.
Threads
Website
www.mekanix.ca
Used 1HZ, from truck with 74,000 km on it. Was ex service vehicle. Engine runs strong and no smoke. We drove it around a bit before parting out vehicle.

Fully drop in ready, Comes with:

Complete long lock, intact,
Injection pump, stock tune
Cross over pipe (not depicted)
Backing plate
Vacuum pump,
Power steering pump

Extra upgrades such as turbos and tranny available upon request, extra.

Priced at $4000 USD plus shipping, FOB Burnaby, BC, Canada.

Comes with DOA guarantee from our shop.
IMG-20200203-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20200203-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20200203-WA0003.jpg

Service vehicle to the mines, yes. Didn't go down in the pit. It was originally equipped with a hydraulic repair box, and the hour counter was at about 1100. Also had secondary oil filters which have now been removed.

Tested before pulled, all 500s range. This one was originally slated to go in a project truck, but we've gone a different direction with it. Been out of a vehicle for about a year, kept inside and clean/ dry.

Biffs, do you have any 1hdt exhaust manifolds for turboing this 1HZ?

Biffs, do you have any 1hdt exhaust manifolds for turboing this 1HZ?
I probably do... We've turboed lots of HZs. The manifolds just need a different flange welded to them to accept the CT26, otherwise the rest is typical across the HDT and HZ.

Looks like a great motor. Someone's getting a good one here.

Also, Cruiser Outfitters has new OEM h55's WITH the correct 1HZ input shaft for only $2450...a stupid good deal. They also have the bellhousings.

@Tennessee80, a 1HZ in my 80 (no turbo) feels much like a 3FE to me, except it has more torque in the midrange, and feels like it works less to keep up with highway traffic compared to my old 3FE 62.

Sorry for sale hijack. Back to the regularly scheduled program.

Hmmm.... I have a H55 locally that could work with this if it uses the same input shaft as the 12HT engine...

Be careful, the 1HZ is the gateway drug to diesels. They are so smooth...

A turboed HZ is even worse. ... Which is why I have to purge some of my addiction...

My 1HDT powered 77 series has a tonne of grunt. Gets to highway speeds faster than the H55 really likes to, so I'll be changing it out for a H151 or R151.

The 1st and second gears are too low and 5th gear is barely an overdrive at all. I believe .89:1. The autos are in the .76:1 ratio in top Gear. The 1HZ doesn't need to rev to make power

Picking up some other options, so may be able to include package pricing for 5 speeds and autos.

Pm for details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom