1 hour + $9.96 = Gumby antenna (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My power antenna launched itself out of the fender yesterday in the Lowes parking lot. It's especially funny in that I had been telling my wife about how the power antenna's can be trouble in the 80 series, and that I expected mine to go out "sometime". Then when she and the kids were waiting for me to cross the lot and pick them up in front of the store - out comes the mast and rolls across the hood.......

Anyway, stopped at the local schucks and bought a short rubber replacement antenna. It took about 1 hour to R&R the OEM motor, antenna lead and dash switch pack, and install the replacement. I had a blanking plate left over from my CDL switch install, so it looks factory. It seems to work great in the garage - we will see how it does on the road. I have the CD player for times of no reception. The only thing left to do is to pack a little "monkey @&@&@&@&" around the lead where the bulkhead grommet went.

All in all, basically a :banana: job, I think.....

Now time for lots of :beer:

Tom

OK, here is how it looks:

f14ec060.jpg

And a close up:

f14e2b1c.jpg

On second thought, I think i will split the grommet and try to reinstall it, rather then packing the hole with goo. Other then that, the radio works great.....

Tom

Last edited:
I restuffed my motor once and replaced the entire unit once. If it ever craps out again I'm going with a fixed mount on the bull bar and plug the factory hole.

love to see some pics. I have the same problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom