1-hdt valve job symptoms (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone;
I'd like to just go over what are the syptoms for these engines that need a valve job done on them?
High fuel use, excessive oil consumption, power loss, noise, etc, etc.
It would be a good idea for me to know what to look for in the eventuality of me having to get this done.
Thanks.

Why not discuss what your symptoms are...? (Then a few suggestions will guide you to a solution.)

It seems as though you have decided what the problem is, and now you want the symptoms...

~John

well, i'm really not quite sure.
I'm thinking that i do need a injector rebuild before anything, however i've heard various things over the years that could prevent me from doing the injectors until the valves are done.
The reason being is my injectors i beleive are just fowled up from over the years of driving and i'm sure a bit of carbon build up.
If i rebuild the injectors before the valves, it seems as if though my injectors could get fowled up quickly again due to blow by from the valves.
My symptoms of the truck are, a gradual increase in fuel consumption, a gradual increase in the amount of black smoke at acceleration or from stand still, and a very minimal amount of oil loss between oil changes (approx. 1L/10000km's)
and finally on top of the, and decrease in performance and power.
Let me know what you all think.
Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom