1'' bore FJ80 master cylinder (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I read about these on a minitruck site and it said that the large 1" bore will get rid of spongy pedal syndrome. Since I went to front and rear discs my pedal has always felt like there is air in the system. I've bled the brakes to death with no avail. I figure the FJ80 MC is worth a shot. Does anybody know if the 80 series MC bolt pattern will match up with a post 75 style booster?

1992-1994 V6 4x4 Toyota Pickup master will bolt right up to LC booster. May have to shorten the push rod a bit.

4wheel disk brakes require a minimum of 15/16th bore...
If you can't find an fj80 master, there are several toyota 15/16th donors available.
Several of them even came equipped w/4wheel disc brakes from the factory (Cressida, Supra).

[edit] Toyota master cylinder bore is typically cast on the passenger side of master...

IMG_2548.JPG

Marlin's MC worked fine for me. 1 very short push on the pedal and rubber is sqealing. Now if I could just get my proportioning right w/ 4WDB. The prop valve helps but does not fully cure.....

Does that mean I can bolt an FJ80 master cylinder up to my 1972 FJ55 vacuum booster? I have 4 wheel discs and it sure won't lock up the rubber, I am hoping this will make a difference.

snailwagon said:
Si senor nat, same bolt pattern, just a push rod adjustment.

That's very cool. What about boosters? Is it worth changing that out too? Which ones fit?

Haven't heard a lot about changing out boosters. I'm working on this upgrade as my front axle continues to give me problems and recently puked oil onto the pads. Why not spend more and get new calipers/mc/pads and maybe a rotor upgrade too! :rolleyes:

Used calipers were cheap, and I'm eyeing the Aisin 80 MC from liquidoffroad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom