1 bolt and copper washers holding up project - (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
IMG_5068.jpeg

All I need to get the wheels on and be able to move the chassis is 1 bolt. 1 - M7 x1.25 thread size, approx 5/8 in long. I suspect it's a JIS bolt because all the hardware stores have M6 and M8, no M7, and they have 1.0 but only with M6 and 1.25 only with M8. I tried to make it to my local Toyota Parts store by 4:55 on Friday, and as I sat in traffic, I decided bad timing. So to answer the question: "Have I tried the Toyota parts store?" No. I haven't. It's a nightmare trying to get that guy to look up a part for me that he can make money on, let alone a bolt worth $1.99.

Anyway, does anyone have resources where I can find this bolt? It holds the brake line coupler to the back of the drum brake on the front driver side of a 1969 FJ40.

Next question I have is: Where the coupler holds the brake line going to both cylinders, there are copper washers on the bolts that hold the lines to the couplers. I lost one. Can I get replacements?
How many are there supposed to be on each cylinder/bolt/coupler connection?
I have seen kits on SOR or CCOT but they include the coupler, washers, fitting, and they're close to $80 I think. I just want to find some replacement copper washers. Any help would be appreciated. Y'all are great!

You might check local auto parts stores. They usually have copper washers for brake line connections, but probably not the bolt.

Awesome, thanks @pb4ugo. I'll try that. Do you know how many washers per cylinder mount? Is it 2 per side? (1 inner, 1 outer on the bolt?)

Yep , ussually 1 inner, 1 outer. 2 for each connection. I think connection is refered to as a banjo fitting.

Great thanks! Hey, does anyone out there know where to find the bolt? SOR schematic doesn't even have a part number for it.

It wasn't an M7x1.25 like I thought! I brought the bolt into the local hardware store (had used a thread guide to determine thread size previously.) Turns out it was a M6x1.0. Easy Peasy lemon Squeezy. I got the last bolt they had. (I only need 1). And I found the copper washers at the auto parts store. So thanks for all that helped me. I appreciate it! My project can move forward now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom