1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1/8 Wheel Spacer to Clear Brake Calipers

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by arizona78, Feb 25, 2004.

1. arizona78

arizona78

Does anyone know where to find a 1/8 inch wheel spacer? The only ones I've seen available are 1/4 inch. There's been a post on this some time ago but I don't think anyone knew where to get them. Anyhow, I went out an bought some new steel wheels for my cruiser at Discount Tire. Ordered 3.5 BS so they'd clear the TRE's. Ordered chrome spoke (spokes are flat) so they wouldn't rub the calipers. When put them on, they only clear the calipers by about 1mm and I'm concerned they'll rub at some point. I'd just like a little more clearance and I don't want 1/4 inch spacers because I'm concerned I won't have enough length left on the lug nuts.

2. woody

woody unhelpful spotter Staff Member Admin

Media:
    Albums:
    take yer angle grinder to the offending spot on the caliper and take a mm-two off. Won't hurt a thing, lots of material there.

3. Landpimp

Landpimp

Media:
    I 2nd Woody idea, thats what I did on my 60 to make the wheels clear the caliper, hurts nothing........lots of meat to work with

[quote author=woody link=board=1;threadid=12061;start=msg110216#msg110216 date=1077732281]
    take yer angle grinder to the offending spot on the caliper and take a mm-two off. Won't hurt a thing, lots of material there.
    [/quote]

4. arizona78

arizona78

Thanks! I'll grind. BTW, I did find some 1/8" spacers if anyone is interested. Stockton Wheel (stocktonwheel.com) sells them. But they're $50/pair. For that price I'll just by an grinder and add it to my tool collection. Thanks again,

Mike

5. needamod

needamod

Media:
    Albums:
    what did you use before??? a nail file?? :D

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">