1/75-7/80 Clutch Master Cylinder Flare Nut or Adapter? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ackcruisers

SILVER Star
Threads
Just installed new Aisin Clutch Master Cylinder 1/75 - 7/80 # 31410-60040 (OEM Parts reference). The 10mmx1.0 flare nut on end of hardline will not fit all way in. It appears the shape inside master is convex shape. Is there an adapter or union to buy? Or what flare nut do I need? The old master has the flare nut bolt right on.

New Master (here is link) Purchased from @cruiseroutfit
20C1724E-0EA2-46C1-A12C-52D0ED99166F.jpeg

old master
DE592AB1-C7AB-45F0-9C74-3E01E86F91BB.jpeg

old master installed on truck
21D3BE3E-286E-47A9-8A2B-573553223391.jpeg

A simple 30 minute swap of the clutch master cylinder turns into a lesson in flare nuts, double flares, tube bending and more. Had to remove clutch master hardline to swap flare nut. The one installed was threaded to the end causing hardline not to seal. The old master was 10mm threaded all the way through, where as the Aisin master’s threads stopped requiring the below flare nut to be swapped in to create seal.

D7E87778-6D14-4BD6-A4AA-FCF783BD15AB.jpeg

45 degree bend and installed
63E6642E-EC32-4D5F-97BE-BCA1BB0B91F0.jpeg

Last edited:
A simple 30 minute swap of the clutch master cylinder turns into a lesson in flare nuts, double flares, tube bending and more. Had to remove clutch master hardline to swap flare nut. The one installed was threaded to the end causing hardline not to seal. The old master was 10mm threaded all the way through, where as the Aisin master’s threads stopped requiring the below flare nut to be swapped in order to create seal.

View attachment 2349498

good evening paul , matt here

this is a crucial TECH question for MUD's Expert in HARD LINE's ..........

@Rainman

Rain-man builds hand crafted FULL vehicle Brake Lines and Clutch Lines sets in the Small Business Storefront Section .........

i would personally consult with him on this needed parts solution matter .......

in my opinion ........

good evening paul , matt here

this is a crucial TECH question for MUD's Expert in HARD LINE's ..........

@Rainman

Rain-man builds hand crafted FULL vehicle Brake Lines and Clutch Lines sets in the Small Business Storefront Section .........

i would personally consult with him on this needed parts solution matter .......

in my opinion ........
Thanks, Matt. Appreciate you weighing in. I’m not sure if Rainman is back up and running yet after flood. Going down the hardline rabbit hole learning about flaring styles, fittings, techniques, tools and reading dozens of opinion posts with conflicting information...I would very much like to go to the experts and have them made. I’ll be tackling my brake master replacement next requiring the addition of dual reservoir and brake lines. I found @Coolerman’s “Making your own brake lines” page helpful.

Thanks for the note. I am back up and running but just slowly. I'm behind a little right now. I can't give this "full time job" attention so it sometimes gets bound up a little. As far as the clutch line goes, I don't have all the patterns for those so I may need a donor.

Fire away...

Thanks for the note. I am back up and running but just slowly. I'm behind a little right now. I can't give this "full time job" attention so it sometimes gets bound up a little. As far as the clutch line goes, I don't have all the patterns for those so I may need a donor.

Fire away...
Glad to hear you are back up and running in side hustle capacity. I’ve reinstalled clutch hardline and can potentially send pattern of front brake line across firewall for the dual reservoir master. (Only have single in my 1976 SA spec 40). Until then, can you confirm the name of the Toyota OEM flare nut used for braking system? It looks like this and is 10mm x 1.0.
CABA7E51-B6AF-4114-A11D-C86D0B455D14.jpeg

I can't give you a part number. I use custom nuts I have made to my specs with a smaller step on the nose. It's about half of the smooth portion of your picture. I'm guessing I don't need your line. I would just need to confirm where your ports are measured from the firewall. The bodies are the same NA to SA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom