1.5" Spacer install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

why was it off exactly?

you have Js front and rear and 2 serious bumpers, right? and it was still raked?

e9999 said:
why was it off exactly?

you have Js front and rear and 2 serious bumpers, right? and it was still raked?

Only way I've seen to get them level is either "standard" springs in the back with J's in the front, or if you have J's in the back also, use spacers in the front. A friend with a heavier winch used the same spacers, but went 2" to get his level.

Or, if you're CDan, you can carry a few hundred pounds of ammo in the back. :D

OK, but odd that OME would have done that...

e9999 said:
OK, but odd that OME would have done that...

I run a light 80, but I was lucky to talk to Waggoner before installing my new OME. He suggested the 850J/863 as a good combo, providing a near level stance. I may still get 1" Mr gaskets which I know will compres a bit but still go that extra distance to almost level it out. Don't worry , I understand that the 80 was never meant to be level .. allowing for loading up the cargo area etc. Maybe this is why OME mates coils they know will still end in a stinkbug attitude .. anticipating loads.

TY

alkaline747trio said:
Aren't those the spacers you made?

Yep, that's them. I've thought about making more, the outlay of cash for steel and cutting would mean they'd have to be presold, no big deal.

Seems like a lot of people are happy with the cheap Mr. Gasket solution. With two of the trucks that have switched to these, the Mr.G spacers they were using were cracking and shifting after only a short time.

Finally !

Now I see where those things fit. The only type of ring spacer I'm familiar with are the attached.

Kalawang
DAKARxx.jpg

T Y L E R said:

I run a light 80, but I was lucky to talk to Waggoner before installing my new OME. He suggested the 850J/863 as a good combo, providing a near level stance. I may still get 1" Mr gaskets which I know will compres a bit but still go that extra distance to almost level it out. Don't worry , I understand that the 80 was never meant to be level .. allowing for loading up the cargo area etc. Maybe this is why OME mates coils they know will still end in a stinkbug attitude .. anticipating loads.

TY

That is the set up i'm running and thus I didn't take part in the spacer project Cory set up. I still have a bit of rake to my truck. I should be done with my rear drawers this week and we'll see how she rides once I have that all loaded up.
dmc

The nice thing about this type of spacer is that they lower the bumpstop, no need to fab bumpstop spacers. What are you doing for caster correction?

Even with the J's up front and 863's in the rear, I too needed to add a spacer to the front. Truck sits about level now. I've got bumpers front and rear, go figure. I didn't even try the OME bushings though. I deferred to Mr Slees's fine plates for steering.

I must have a heavy rear since my truck was practically sagging in the rear with 863 J and 850 J's (of course now I think about it that was pre ARB and post Kaymar). Right now I'm almost sagging in the rear since I have my rooftop tent on.

Need to get a 12000 lb winch to level things out ;)

Your design looks great. I considered making mine that way.

Some are already being machined out of aluminum by "toolsrus" on this site. They are limited in supply. They are in both 1 1/2" and 1 1/4" heights. PM my bro "toolsrus" for availability. He'll hate me for this but your need may increase the supply if your bribery is suffient to bring them to the market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom