1.5” lift- what’s the most driveable solution?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is the magic recipe for a 100 series with a moderate lift that gives you great on-road manners and a little extra when you want to go off-road? I am looking for 1.5” max. I have Bilstein 6112 /5160 setup on my 4Runner and it is a perfect balance for what I do... is there a similar setup for the 100? The Bilstein setup is firm like a BMW when I am onroad but soaks up the trash when I’m on washboard or off-road... what is available that can bridge the gap for my LC? Currently I’m on AHC and it works just fine but I am ready to switch...

BTW, I came up with 1.5” through raising the AHC from normal to high. It was a 1.5” lift and was an idea setup-for me- for the new 275/65/18 KO2s I just put on the truck. I am looking for a setup that is great for road driving but also can do sand, fire roads, moderate off-road... I’m on the east coast so boulders and crazy off-road is not something I will see a lot in this truck...

Last edited:
I don't know if this applies to models with AHC but the easiest mild lift for my 2003 LC (no AHC) was 30mm rear coil spring spacers and a torsion bar crank. Cheap and easy and keeps the stock suspension intact for a good ride. Great for moderate off-road combined with my 275/70/18 KO2's. Between the tires and the spacers/TB crank I'm up a little over 2 inches from stock.

Chris

Last edited:
I don’t have ahc so do a search on ahc lift as removing it isn’t for everyone and a waste of money if the ahc isn’t acting up. I had the same suspension in my 99 4runner as you listed and went with Bilstein in my lc thinking it would be the same. Stiff like you said but not great on washboard or concrete freeways/highways. I switched to iron man foams which are still stiff but better on washboard performance. Slee has good info about ahc, they have an override

Last edited:
Keep the AHC system. Maybe get new globes for them.

I don't know if this applies to models with AHC but the easiest mild lift for my 2003 LC (no AHC) was 30mm rear coil spring spacers and a torsion bar crank. Cheap and easy and keeps the stock suspension intact for a good ride. Great for moderate off-road combined with my 275/70/18 KO2's. Between the tires and the spacers/TB crank I'm up a little over 2 inches from stock.

Chris
I have the same setup. I didnt realize the 30mm spacers gave over 2” lift in the rear. I got the vehicle from PO with them already on so I didn’t know what it was like before. I think the height is perfect front and rear with the spaces and crank. Any idea what springs would give the exactly lift in rear if switched to them?

Mine is up a little over 2" if you take into account the larger tires compared to stock tire size (33" vs 31"). The spacers only lift 30 mm (a little over an inch).

Gotcha. Yea that’s what I figured. I’m sitting at about 22” in the rear from what I remember. Do you know the stock measurements are from center hub to fender well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom