1/3 of a million, 1997 4Runner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
20160802_135619.jpg

Ever done head gaskets? Does it rattle or smoke? Just curious.

Bravo for making it to 333,333!

Ever done head gaskets? Does it rattle or smoke? Just curious.

Bravo for making it to 333,333!

No head gasket replacement in the service records. I'm the second owner and i bought it with 208,000 on it. It drives really well for that high mileage and does not rattle or smoke. It can cruise at 70-75 easily. The front seats are rough, and it has the typical wear you would expect from a 19 year old vehicle but I would not hesitate to drive it anywhere. This is easily one of the best Toyota engines ever made.

Congrats man, mine is pushing 282k right now but I replaced the engine at 245k due to a crack cylinder head.

Not bad. I'm at 240k on a 3vz. Replaced the headgasket at 210k with no maintenance history from the previous owner.

Well done! Are head gasket issues common on this engine? Mine has 245k on it without any signs of trouble.

Well done! Are head gasket issues common on this engine? Mine has 245k on it without any signs of trouble.
According to my mechanic they are not. My son has another 4runner with 220k or so and never touched the head gasket.

I have a 2001 4runner with 280 K. I bought it from my son who had too many vehicles.

Never a problem. Just normal maintenance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom