1/2" Scepter water spout solution. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1/2" water spout solution. The design is simple, make a durable spout to fit the Scepter MWC cap. Listed below is an example of the spout.
AJIK 224.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome. Can it accept a 1/2" valve on the hose? I'm thinking that hose plus a valve would make a great camp water system.

I have found that a IGLOO spout tapped into the same side as the filler opening is a convient solution, the spout basically gives you the ability to control the water flow and direction better while pouring.

Last edited:
Great!

That's a nice solution.

A very slick solution indeed Josh! Well done!

Scepter MWCs with spigot and spout solutions.

Here is what I use, going on the second season of use, I have had good success with the spigot in the given location with no issues. This is not my solution as many others here have a similiar set up, but what I did add is the spout which gives added control when wanting to evac the can quickly with control, etc....
AJIK 249.jpg
AJIK 251.jpg
AJIK 252.jpg

Last edited:
Got mine.

I received the water spouts yesterday. simple yet useful design! I probably made 8 trips to Home Depot trying to make this....I gave up.

I recommend these to anyone who's tired of spilling and glugging water out of these cans.

I received the water spouts yesterday. simple yet useful design! I probably made 8 trips to Home Depot trying to make this....I gave up.

I recommend these to anyone who's tired of spilling and glugging water out of these cans.

Glad it worked out! And thanks for the recommendation... these are available in merchandise storefront.

spout question

I'm curious for those who have installed a simple coleman style spot toward's the bottom of a Sceptor jug if you simply used a regular drill bit? I'm a bit leery of botching what is an already rather expensive MWC.

I was just at the Overland Expo and also noticed a rather slick pump style spout on a Sceptor jug but couldn't remember the exact vendor.

In the big cap of a Sceptor jug is a smaller hole and cap. Some have tapped that hole to allow a spigot to be attached to it. The spigot can be removed, and the cap used to close it off.

For lack of interest we have stepped away from this design, however, in our search for a simple and effective solution a manual or battery operated kerosene hand pump has proven very effective.

The version I saw at the Expo was a handpump screwed into the big cap on a Specter MWC. Very slick and nice action.

I'm still curious though from those who have done it how tricky it is to tap or drill a hole into the side of the MWC. Does a regular drill bit leave a nice round hole that a coleman style push button thingy won't leak?

The version I saw at the Expo was a handpump screwed into the big cap on a Specter MWC. Very slick and nice action.

I'm still curious though from those who have done it how tricky it is to tap or drill a hole into the side of the MWC. Does a regular drill bit leave a nice round hole that a coleman style push button thingy won't leak?

Living Overland, owner, Beau Johnson was at EXPO 2012, he has this set up on a Reliance water can, but it could easily be transferred to a Scepter MWC.

Living Overland: Inexpensive On-Board Water System

The one I saw had brass fittings but that looks interesting. I just occurred to me that a hole saw like for cutting conduit holes should work just fine to tap into the side of the jug. I'll give it a go.

:clap:Great venue out there at Mormon Lake.

Thanks for the mention Josh! I believe one could easily adapt my pump design to be used with the Scepter cans. The only problem is finding a pump. A couple of people at Overland Expo mentioned they were unable to source the Whale pump I used in my design. These pumps are no longer sold in the US so I will be spending some time to try and find a replacement. I may have to pick up a scepter can to see what it would take.

Thanks for the mention Josh! I believe one could easily adapt my pump design to be used with the Scepter cans. The only problem is finding a pump. A couple of people at Overland Expo mentioned they were unable to source the Whale pump I used in my design. These pumps are no longer sold in the US so I will be spending some time to try and find a replacement. I may have to pick up a scepter can to see what it would take.

I for one would love to have that setup for a Scepter can. I did see yours at the Expo and loved it! Cheering you on!:clap:

I for one would love to have that setup for a Scepter can. I did see yours at the Expo and loved it! Cheering you on!:clap:

Josh sent me a Scepter can, and I am getting close to finding a pump (waiting to hear back from distributors)! I will start puting this together in the next couple of weeks. Using the same faucet I used on the Reliance can doesn't look very clean on the Scepter, so I am off to find a new faucet that will work for both...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom