1/2 day trip to Rio Puerco this Saturday 3/17 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm interested, but it depends on how my Saturday schedule works out. If all goes well I'll be working that morning and will be done in time to hook up with you guys. I wouldn't mind getting a little more wheel time on my FJ before I decide to modify it.

-Nathan

We're meeting at the air down spot around noon. I will check this thread around 9:30AM Sat morning before I head out of the house.

I hope to see you there. I haven't wheeled with an FJ yet.

I have a car that I'm tuning at 10am on Saturday in Rio Rancho. Hopefully I'll be able to get it finished up in time to meet you guys out there. If the boys are quick about setting up the dyno I should be done in time since I don't expect more then 1 hour of tuning time on this car.

I have a 50/50 chance of making it.

Jim -

I am planning to be there - should be a beautiful day for the Puerco!

Evan

I hope to see you guys come out. (you can help me find some of the obstacles) :D

So far it looks like:

2 3rd Gen 4 Runners
1 Taco
1 FJC
1 FJ80
1 FJ40

I have a car that I'm tuning at 10am on Saturday in Rio Rancho. Hopefully I'll be able to get it finished up in time to meet you guys out there. If the boys are quick about setting up the dyno I should be done in time since I don't expect more then 1 hour of tuning time on this car.

ooooh, Dyno....is it a 4 wheel dyno? :D

Odd... for some reason, I thought that I had responded to this thread. Anyway... I'm gonna be out there Saturday morning. I'm excited to check out some of the obstacles myself. The few times that I have been out there, I just cruise around ontop of the dunes.

I'm out for this weekend. I picked up a 2nd dyno tune for Saturday and while I'd love to go wheeling, I'm not in a position to turn down work at the moment. Hopefully there will be a "next time" soon.

-Nathan

Odd... for some reason, I thought that I had responded to this thread. Anyway... I'm gonna be out there Saturday morning. I'm excited to check out some of the obstacles myself. The few times that I have been out there, I just cruise around ontop of the dunes.

I'll be there about noon :D

I'm out for this weekend. I picked up a 2nd dyno tune for Saturday and while I'd love to go wheeling, I'm not in a position to turn down work at the moment. Hopefully there will be a "next time" soon.

-Nathan

Being self employed, I know how that goes...next time.:doh:

Sounds like a good time I am thinking about tagging along. I am new to ABQ and would like to do some wheeling with my new to me 80.

Will my stock 80 make it with out body damage?

Would anyone mind if my roommate brought his lifted XJ Heep?

Where's the air down spot?

-Noah

Your stock 80 will do fine at the Rio Puerco. We have had several guys take stock rigs out there. Just ask for a spot whenever you want a little help. The Puerco area is basically a large play ground for OHV with a lot of 2-wheelers.

The air down spot is the far Western end of Southern Blvd. The pavement turns to dirt then ~1 mile to the dunes where you will see the other guys and air down. Bring a CB if you have one or ask someone if they have one you can borrow. If you need one and live in the NE part of town (Tram & Indian School) then give me a call and you can come by and pick up one of my spares this evening or in the morning.

-Mike-

Thanks Mike,

All 4x4 vehicles are welcome...even Heeps.

We will be there about 12 noon.

I can't make it after all - Y'all have fun and get some pics eh!

Will my stock 80 make it with out body damage?

-Noah

I've only been out there a few times, but your biggest chance of body damage is probably an ATV or dirt bike running into you. I know there are some fun obstacles out there, but I have yet to find them. See you guys in about an hour!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom