Wanted $1,000 FINDER'S FEE: 2006 or 2007 LX 470 in Mint Condition - Sand Dollar Pearl or Crystal White (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I recently let the perfect LX 470 slip through my hands. I had an opportunity to purchase it and the sales guy told me that he wouldn't go lower on price because he had somebody else interested. I didn't believe him and the other person came in and bought it. This was the vehicle: Hilson Luxury Motors | Pre-owned Dealer | Marietta, Georgia

Anyhow, I've learned my lesson and I'm ready to commit once I find the perfect vehicle. I'm afraid I won't find one that nice though. If anybody finds me one that nice and I end up buying it, I'll Paypal them a $1,000 finders fee. I'm searching daily all of the southern craigslist's, ebay and autotrader, so no need to forward anything from there. The $1,000 finder's fee will only apply to vehicles found outside of those sites.

Requirements:
Sand Dollar Pearl or Crystal White
Tan interior
Working AHC
Mint inside and out - No accidents
No bumper holes on the front bumper from a front license plate
No serious mechanical problems
No rust under vehicle
Side Airbags for the front & rear
Head Curtain airbags
Smoke-free and Odor-free
No night-vision
Rear fin

Thanks

EDIT: Additional requirement: Chrome (Non-gold) emblems - I'm not sure if these are easy to swap out or not. If they are, then I don't mind if they're gold.

Last edited:
Seat belt latch

The middle one, despite being in Texas, spent its whole life in Minnesota. I was interested in it and it does have some rust underneath. The people at the dealership are top notch though. I sent a quick email and they called me, answered all my questions, and then they sent me a follow up message because someone was interested as well but they gave me first dibs because I spoke with them first. I wasn't ready to buy but I'm kinda bummed out that I don't get to give them my money.

The middle one, despite being in Texas, spent its whole life in Minnesota. I was interested in it and it does have some rust underneath. The people at the dealership are top notch though. I sent a quick email and they called me, answered all my questions, and then they sent me a follow up message with a good offer because someone was interested as well but they gave me first dibs because I spoke with them first. I wasn't ready to buy but I'm kinda bummed out that I don't get to give them my money.

Here's a nice one, just posted to Craigslist in northern California. Higher end of price range, but really low miles...if the miles are legitimate/accurate. Clean looking rig. Would normally volunteer to go investigate it for you, but I'm a bit slammed with work.

2006 Lexus LX470 With Navi 4X4, Clean Title

The one in Tampa and the one in SC are sold. The SC one in a day

Not sure if this has been posted or if you've seen it. It's not cheap. 07 LX with 79k miles in Crystal White.

For Sale 2007 Lexus LX470
I reached out to him a couple of weeks ago and he indicated that the vehicle wasn't perfect but in good shape. Asked him for additional photos and he offered to face time with me. I probably emailed back and forth with him 15-20 times and never got any additional pictures. The sale just seemed too difficult. He continued to tell me how he didn't want to sell the vehicle, etc... I just kind of gave up on it. Also, as you mentioned, the price was a bit high, but kind of difficult to judge that without pictures and knowing it's condition.

Another missed opportunity - White, Mint, 2007 with less than 50k miles: Used 2007 LEXUS LX 470 For Sale | Bend OR

That one went online this morning. I contacted a sales rep at 6pm my time. Asked him questions about the vehicle. After hearing the answers to the questions, I wanted photos but knew this thing was going to move quick if I didn't act. Asked him if I could go ahead and put a $500 non-refundable holding deposit on the vehicle while I waited for the pictures. Company policy is that they don't allow anybody to put a non-refundable deposit on vehicles. I said I'd give them $1000 non-refundable to hold the vehicle until I got pictures. He said he couldn't do it but said that he'd quickly go get pictures and send them to me. While he was getting pictures, another sales person that was dealing with somebody else saw him looking at the vehicle and called a contact of somebody that they had interested in the vehicle. That person came in and purchased the vehicle before I received a single photo. All of this happened within less than an hour of me calling in. The search continues.

Last edited:
Another missed opportunity - White, Mint, 2007 with less than 50k miles: Used 2007 LEXUS LX 470 For Sale | Bend OR

That one went online this morning. I contacted a sales rep at 6pm my time. Asked him questions about the vehicle. After hearing the answers to the questions, I wanted photos but knew this thing was going to move quick if I didn't act. Asked him if I could go ahead and put a $500 non-refundable holding deposit on the vehicle while I waited for the pictures. Company policy is that they don't allow anybody to put a non-refundable deposit on vehicles. I said I'd give them $1000 non-refundable to hold the vehicle until I got pictures. He said he couldn't do it but said that he'd quickly go get pictures and send them to me. While he was getting pictures, another sales person that was dealing with somebody else saw him looking at the vehicle and called a contact of somebody that they had interest in the vehicle. That person came in and purchased the vehicle before I received a single photo. All of this happened within less than an hour of me calling in. The search continues.

Damn.. good luck! Keeping an eye out for you

That one went online this morning. I contacted a sales rep at 6pm my time. Asked him questions about the vehicle. After hearing the answers to the questions, I wanted photos but knew this thing was going to move quick if I didn't act. Asked him if I could go ahead and put a $500 non-refundable holding deposit on the vehicle while I waited for the pictures. Company policy is that they don't allow anybody to put a non-refundable deposit on vehicles. I said I'd give them $1000 non-refundable to hold the vehicle until I got pictures. He said he couldn't do it but said that he'd quickly go get pictures and send them to me. While he was getting pictures, another sales person that was dealing with somebody else saw him looking at the vehicle and called a contact of somebody that they had interested in the vehicle. That person came in and purchased the vehicle before I received a single photo. All of this happened within less than an hour of me calling in. The search continues.

I was able to grab this one today. I'm local, saw the listing and went over on my lunch hour. Called a little later and said I wanted it. Returned around 4 and did the deal. Paid asking price but the car looks to be in great shape. Should pick it up Friday or Saturday. Now I need to sell my 80.

Has the gray/black interior so you wouldn't want it anyway. ;)

Damn- 49k miles and only asking $25k? That could of been one sweet lx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom