09 LX570 headlight wiring (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have always wired my bumper led's to trigger the relay with the 12v of the hight beam of the headlights. Lexus uses a ground triggered setup which isn't the problem. The problem is the Daytime Running Lights and the hight beam are the same bulb just at different levels of voltage.

Anyone have any knowledge of the Lx's wiring that can tell me how to have my led relay trigged with the high beams are on only??

In case someone ask I have all of my cruisers and truck Led's wired this way because I live out and the country and like to have tons of light when my high beams are on. Not a fan of not seeing deers and hogs at last second. And I also hate toggle switches.

Thanks

If you are running LED bulbs that don't work with the DRLs anyways. Then you can turn off the DRLs with the NAV unit. That's the easiest thing. Might have to double check that on a 2009. I know by the 2010 you can turn them off.

If you are running LED bulbs that don't work with the DRLs anyways. Then you can turn off the DRLs with the NAV unit. That's the easiest thing. Might have to double check that on a 2009. I know by the 2010 you can turn them off.
35509768-8CE1-4BA6-9B3F-9B16A6C65E3C.jpeg

I’m talking about the LED’s on my bumper. Not the factory ones.

I know, but what I’m saying is that the lower voltage (<12v) DRL circuit that is enabled when high beams are not enabled can be disabled. So if you don’t use your DRLs, and it’s just the circuit being enabled that is spoiling your plan to have your high beams trigger your LED lights, then all you have to do is turn the DRL function off and that low voltage circuit will be disabled.

I know, but what I’m saying is that the lower voltage (<12v) DRL circuit that is enabled when high beams are not enabled can be disabled. So if you don’t use your DRLs, and it’s just the circuit being enabled that is spoiling your plan to have your high beams trigger your LED lights, then all you have to do is turn the DRL function off and that low voltage circuit will be disabled.
I think I follow you. So with the DRL disable only one circuit will be triggering the Led relay. I will check to see if my 09 has the settings in the nav screen where I can enable it.

Pretty sure he is just trying to tap the high beams. His issue is the DRLs are triggering his relay as well.

Option he would to be to find a trigger before the the relay network for the high beams. But if he can disable DRL, then he should be fine.

Pretty sure he is just trying to tap the high beams. His issue is the DRLs are triggering his relay as well.

Option he would to be to find a trigger before the the relay network for the high beams. But if he can disable DRL, then he should be fine.
I looked for the DRL setting but didn’t find it. I assume it’s it the menu then settings tag? Is it in a different menu?

Looks like it’s more complicated on the 2009.

Here’s the quick guide. At the end it shows that it is changeable, but looks like only through Techstream. I believe a Carista app/dongle could do the job as well.

Attachments

• OM60E01U.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 73
Which wire is positive and which is negative? On the Pass side the wires are blue and white. The LED bulbs I got will plug in either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom