‘07+ Tundra Brakes on ujz100? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is it possible to convert the front brakes?

Drove my buddies tundra and the thing stops on a dime.

Is it possible to convert the front brakes?

Drove my buddies tundra and the thing stops on a dime
I wouldn't consider it to be worth your troubles. They're entirely different knuckle designs and I would look to aftermarket options. If you're gonna go through the trouble of custom caliper mount and I wouldn't expect the rotor offset to fit a 100

You could see some beneficial gains with an organic performance pad and decent rotors.

When was the last time you flushed the brakes, and what rotors and pads does it have? My '99 stops far better than my 1st gen Tundra did.

When was the last time you flushed the brakes, and what rotors and pads does it have? My '99 stops far better than my 1st gen Tundra did.

As a former 1st gen owner, they are way underbraked, even dangerously so. It doesn't take much of a hill to cook them and the rear drums don’t stay in adjustment for long. I loved that truck but the brakes sucked!
I find the 100 brakes to be killer by comparison. Drive it like it’s a 5,000lb+ SUV, not a sports car and you’ll be fine.

A few companies make big brake kits for the 100, if you're that into it.

The 100 brakes should be plenty to engage ABS.

When you feel "good" brakes you might just be feeling a pad and rotor combo that has more bite. A simple rotor and pad change can give you that feel.

The tundra’s lighter weight compared to the LC plays a big difference too on how responsive it’s breaking distance..

Reactions: GTV

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom