07 LX470 AHC rear end sitting super high (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
New to me LX470, 135k on it. I have had it about 4 months and its been flawless so far. I changed trans, diff, AHC and transfer case fluids when I first bought it about 5k miles ago. Two days ago I had an oil change done at the local Lexus dealer, then it sat until this morning. As soon as I started it the rear end pumped up super high. I cant even believe how jacked up it is! I called them thinking maybe they broke a sensor or something and they had me drop it off. Has anyone had a similar problem? I saw way more people with AHC problems sitting low than high. Any thoughts would be great because I don't want to get hosed by the dealer. My indy guy who worked on my LC has retired and I'm not sure of anyone who knows about the AHC system. Praying its just a sensor!

The same thing happened to me. The rear sensor just happened to break when they had the vehicle and the rear end was basically maxed out high. My AHC light was flashing "off" when it happened. They made me pay for the part, and they graciously installed it for me. That was the first time they broke something on my Cruiser... I wish I would have found a new shop before they broke more. I gave them more chances because they were well regarded and recommended by users here. Oh well.

Last edited:
The same thing happened to me. The rear sensor just happened to break when they had the vehicle and the rear end was basically maxed out high. My AHC light was flashing "off" when it happened. They made me pay for the part, and they graciously installed it for me. That was the first time the broke something on my Cruiser... I wish I would have found a new shop before they broke more. I gave them more chances because they were well regarded and recommended by users here. Oh well.
That gives me hope its just a sensor, thank you!

They replaced the sensor, told me it was not communicating. Got 5 miles up the road and started doing the exact same thing, so I brought it right back. I hope this does not turn into a nightmare.

They replaced the sensor, told me it was not communicating. Got 5 miles up the road and started doing the exact same thing, so I brought it right back. I hope this does not turn into a nightmare.
Replaced with a ~$300 OEM sensor or a ~$100 aftermarket?

Still sounds like a simple sensor or wiring fault. Should be simple to fix. They should be able to read codes on Techstream and narrow down the culprit. If it's the wiring, they'll just need rudimentary electrical skills to trace it down and replace the bad conductor. Should be an easy fix. Biggest risk is just not finding anyone near you that's competent, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom