'07 Engine stumbling after oil change. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My '07 100 series' engine is beginning to stumble/stutter at idle and when coming out of a stop. I am also intermittently experiencing delayed acceleration when coming out of a stop.

I changed the oil, oil filter, and air filter on Sunday and started experiencing these issues on Tuesday. For what it's worth, the ScanGauge is not throwing any codes.

One cause could be that when I changed the oil, I added just 5qt of 5w30 and the dipstick showed and still shows well over full. From what I understand, the 100 series has a 7qt capacity.

Anyone else experience issues like this? I am considering pumping oil out until my oil level is at or just below full on the dipstick. This would however, put me well under the 7qt capacity.

One question that I do have is does the oil tank drain completely when doing a change or does some (almost half in his case) remain?

Since you mentioned you changed the air filter, I would double check the MAF connection on the upper half of the air box. The connector may not be fully seated causing an intermittent issue?

My '07 100 series' engine is beginning to stumble/stutter at idle and when coming out of a stop. I am also intermittently experiencing delayed acceleration when coming out of a stop.

I changed the oil, oil filter, and air filter on Sunday and started experiencing these issues on Tuesday. For what it's worth, the ScanGauge is not throwing any codes.

One cause could be that when I changed the oil, I added just 5qt of 5w30 and the dipstick showed and still shows well over full. From what I understand, the 100 series has a 7qt capacity.

Anyone else experience issues like this? I am considering pumping oil out until my oil level is at or just below full on the dipstick. This would however, put me well under the 7qt capacity.

One question that I do have is does the oil tank drain completely when doing a change or does some (almost half in his case) remain?
****Verify you drained the right pan.***

Not to doubt any mechanical ability, but I've seen it happen plenty of times before. If you dropped the fluid in your trans pan and have 12qts of oil in the motor now it could do damage.

There is definitely room for 7 qts of oil in the 2UZ after an oil and oil filter change.

I wouldn’t go by the dipstick as the most accurate measuring method if you think you’re that far off. Drain oil, measure, and fill again.

Not to doubt any mechanical ability, but I've seen it happen plenty of times before. If you dropped the fluid in your trans pan and have 12qts of oil in the motor now it could do damage.

To say nothing of the considerable shortfall of fluid in the transmission.

There is definitely room for 7 qts of oil in the 2UZ after an oil and oil filter change.
BINGO!

I drained the trans fluid, and not the oil (you only make dumb mistakes once)!. It only took 3-4 hours to get the trans fluid right and re-change the oil.

Shoutout to Landcruiser NW for getting me in on short notice, and not making me feel like a complete moron.

BINGO!

I drained the trans fluid, and not the oil (you only make dumb mistakes once)!. It only took 3-4 hours to get the trans fluid right and re-change the oil.

Shoutout to Landcruiser NW for getting me in on short notice, and not making me feel like a complete moron.

Glad you got it sorted. Transmission is going to be just fine, that amount of oil is very hard on a motor so its good to get it sorted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom