07-08 Tundra 18” Wheels on a LC 100 (pictures) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I thought I would post this up as it’s own thread incase people search for 18” Tundra wheels. The original thread can be found here.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series...els-installed-my-100-series-**pictures**.html

New wheels and tires are on. Wow what a difference, looks way better IMOP with the bigger wheels. I can't ever see myself going back to the 16s. They just look way too small in the 100 series wheel wells. I much more prefer the Tundra style wheels to the stock LC ones. Very happy with the price (350) and outcome. Also do not know what the deal is but the stock 100 series hub caps fit on the Tundra wheels with no problems. I did not need to alter them in anyway, just put them on. They did take a little persuasion. It’s still possible I could loose one off-road but this is the wife’s car. She uses it as a daily driver. I will let you guys know if I loose one. I took some measurements, stock then with the new wheels.

STOCK
Wheels: 16-inch wheels
Tires: Michelin LTX M/S, 275/70R16, max load 2601 @ 55 PSI
Tires measured 29 ½ inches with the weight of the car on them
Front: ground to fender = 33 5/8
Rear: ground to fender = 34 1/8
LC stock 35%.JPG

Tundra
Wheels: 18-inch wheels
Tires: Michelin LTX A/S, 275/65R18, max load 2601 @ 44 PSI
Tires measured 31 ½ inches with the weight of the car on them
Front: ground to fender = 35 1/8
Rear: ground to fender = 35 3/8
LC Tundra 35%.JPG
LC stock 35%.JPG
LC Tundra 35%.JPG

Last edited:
I don't think the 16s look bad, but the 18s look like they should've came with the 100. They look much, much better, and nicer design, but I guess the tires are cheaper for the 16s.
:cheers:

Something like this...
2-Tundra-35%.jpg

Thank you Hoser. I must admit looks really good IMOP. Much better then I expected. Don't know if the wife would like it but I do.

If it would not be too much trouble could you also color the front bumper, side steps, rear bumper black and tint the windows? I have no idea how much work this is, so if it's a pain no problem. Thank you again Tare.

Tinting windows, no problem. The rest of it would take a bit longer.
2-Tundra-35%-1.jpg

A quick search found a couple sets of these 18" Tundra "take-offs". One set is $600 and another $450 before negotiating. At that price, I can buy virtually new wheels AND tires for less than the cost of 16" replacement tires only. Do I have room to store these wheels and tires for approximately 30K miles (1 year)? It might be worth it. Thanks for opening our eyes to this!

Here is a quick pshop

lc-black.jpg

I had mine powder coated. I didnt want black. something to match the bumpers and running boards.

dont remember the actual color but if anyone is interested i can find out.
cruiser medium.jpg

Looks like you cut a hole for the grease cap to poke through. How does it look up close? Did you try just using the stock center caps first?

Looks like you cut a hole for the grease cap to poke through. How does it look up close? Did you try just using the stock center caps first?

unfortunately when i bought the rig it had 22" momos. I picked up the wheels on ebay with the caps and lug nuts. a 1-1/8" hole saw took care of the grease cap clearance issue. I like the flush caps over the org LC ones that stand off a bit. I have since painted the grease cap to match the wheel. looks better than the gold. I also like the contrast between the cap and the wheel.

unfortunately when i bought the rig it had 22" momos. I picked up the wheels on ebay with the caps and lug nuts. a 1-1/8" hole saw took care of the grease cap clearance issue. I like the flush caps over the org LC ones that stand off a bit. I have since painted the grease cap to match the wheel. looks better than the gold. I also like the contrast between the cap and the wheel.

That's cool you can modify the Tundra caps to fit. I have the ones that came with the wheels. Might make them fit like yours if the stock ones start to bug me. The painted wheels look great by the way.

A quick search found a couple sets of these 18" Tundra "take-offs". One set is $600 and another $450 before negotiating. At that price, I can buy virtually new wheels AND tires for less than the cost of 16" replacement tires only. Do I have room to store these wheels and tires for approximately 30K miles (1 year)? It might be worth it. Thanks for opening our eyes to this!

Take offs will always be available for cheap. Buy 'em when you're ready. I've been doing this for years and then reselling the extra wheels. I did this with my car recently and ended up making a little $ and fitting new tires to boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom