06' LX470 Replacing my bad Rack & Pinion soon. VGRS light has come on recently. Are they related? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello, I'm hoping for a bit of advice. First off, if this post is in the wrong area, I apologize. I dont have a much experience posting; mostly just reading through others posts. Here's the scoop: I have a stock 06' LX470 with 152k on it. I'm the second owner. Bought it in 2018 with 104k. I have a talented friend that is going to help me with the following maintenance this spring: R&R the R&P, tie rod ends, overhaul the AHC with a fluid flush and new accumulators, and new timing belt. I have a few questions for anyone that has time and would care to offer up some advice. The VGRS light has come on twice in the last 2 months and reset on it's own during the first few moments of driving. Is this related to the bad R&P and should I take any action when doing the R&P work? I have already purchased a new R&P from Lexus Wesley Chapel for $960 shipped. Is there any other maintenance I could/should do while in there farting with the R&P and tie-rod ends?

any steering issues?
is it leaking?
how do you know it is bad?

any steering issues?
is it leaking?
how do you know it is bad?
Hi, Yes and thanks for the questions. There is a bit of vibration at 65ish MPH and two local shops including Torfab (respected local LC specialty shop) have both told me there was a leak on the R&P.

I believe @2001LC has a thread right now about VGRS and he’s trying to nail down a solutions for LX VGRS woes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom