'06 LX spoiler has play in it. Is this normal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Guys, I'm the new owner and when I was washing the truck, I noticed the rear spoiler can be lifted slightly. It's not solid like I assumed it would be. It looks like there are some sort of pads under it to protect the paint, so it might be normal (hopefully). I'll rip that sob off if needed. Thanks!

That's normal, mine is the same way, i just put a self tapping screw on each side and that stopped it. Make sure to use stainless steel so it won't rust

That's normal, mine is the same way, i just put a self tapping screw on each side and that stopped it. Make sure to use stainless steel so it won't rust
Hey, So normal, yet you screwed it down?

I didn't like the rattle when i closed the gate, so i secured it down. You can screw it down if you want, or leave it as is, it's not gonna fall off on you, just a little rattle when you close the liftgate. Anything that rattles in my truck i try to track it down and stop it, in my 30s now and noises like that drive me nuts.

I didn't like the rattle when i closed the gate, so i secured it down. You can screw it down if you want, or leave it as is, it's not gonna fall off on you, just a little rattle when you close the liftgate. Anything that rattles in my truck i try to track it down and stop it, in my 30s now and noises like that drive me nuts.
I hear you man, I'm pushing 40! Thanks a lot for the advice. I think I'll do the same. Whyyyyyy lexus, whyyyy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom