06 LX Purchase ? Re value (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can someone please PM me who knows values?

I am looking at an 2 owner clean 06 through a dealer with 55K on it.
I want to know if I am nuts considering their asking price.

Please PM me, I have been looking furiously for 3 weeks and keep losing out on the ones I want...
The sell before I even can offer.

I won't bother sending you a PM because my response isn't data driven, but I bet with that low of mileage, they want close to $30k for it.

Am I in the ballpark?

28K is it worth it? Seems I can save 3-4 K going up to 80,000 miles but I feel the lower the miles the better??

I paid $23k a year and half ago 82k miles 05 Florida LX, just for reference. The tb and wp were done at 62k miles.

Paid $17K for an '04 with 105K. I had to do the TB/WP myself so closer to $18K with all things considered. It did have new tires though so it kind-of evens out.

Why not a 200?

I'd rather save 5k on higher miles, than find a 98 for 5k and have two.

If you feel comfortable with it but it. If I was in your shoes I would buy it.

You can't find a better SUV for the money. You also get what you pay for.

I have an 04 with 60k miles and I would not sell it for $30k b/c I can't replace it for that.

I like a 100 better than a 200 so that is what I bought.

Better get it before gone.

Few good ones on Dallas Craigslist also.

I payed $33k for an '06 with 39,000 miles... okay, so that was over 5 years ago - so irrelevant.

When it comes to very rare vehicles with very low miles, there is no "fair market value" anymore. Someone is going to pay what they're asking. Recently a 2006 with 65,000 miles was listed around here (Atlanta) for $32,000. I thought "No way." It was gone in a week.

If anyone is looking at the 06 LX with 26k miles in PA - I strongly suggest you read the maintenance history through Lexus.

Boz please PM me with that info!!! Carfax looked clean

If you are shopping LX's you need to create an account at Lexus.com owners tab. Then run each vin. You can save multiple vehicles.

WOW
Boz GOOD info!
Thanks guys!

That is AMAZING!

OK??? Is there something with the 06 frames?
I have checked two east coast cars with very low miles and BOTH said the frame was very rusty to the point they ? Roadworthiness?? Of course this wasn't on CarFax! Thanks for the heads up I registered on Lexus!

Trying to work a deal on one not from the E coast!

I just bought an '06 LX470 with 75,000 miles for 21,995. Meticulous maintenance records and the underbody looks showroom new. Few scrapes on the body but a fantastic truck overall.

Paid $23.5K for a pristine 2002 LX470 with 24,930 miles.
Still smells like new.

Why did I pay that much for a 14 year old SUV?
There was not any new SUV's or Trucks I liked, and every nice
LX I looked at sold quickly and all had over 100K miles and ranged in
price between $12K to $21K.
This was a real unicorn. Your 2006 with 55K miles is too.

So not a big deal but the 06 with 55K on it I am looking at has the night vision windshield (expensive repair, luckily my AAA has windshield replacement) BUT it's the first one I have seen without the rear spoiler... Changes the look

It's the Sand Dollar Pearl many don't like but I can deal with it, I like it more than solid white or black (black shows everything), I hate the silver REALLY like the gray but oh well.

Last thing... Wheels look like they are chrome YUCH! What can I do?

Oh yeah it's 06 or 07....

I was tempted by an 08 570 with 90K on it for $32,000 but like the 470 more really
Not nearly as much experience with the 570 though

Having own both sides there is a big difference between '05 and '06. I vote for '06+ given a choice.

Yes with the 2006 & 2007 for no extra charge you get all that nice emissions equipment that will normally not be a "problem" but if it is to be "legal" it's about a $3k fix. But members have ways to by pass and still pass emissions test for a few hundred $, just don't get caught it's a $10,000 fine. Plus the 06/07's are interference engines. We're finding the 1998-2005 are not really interference engines. So if the timing belt breaks on a 06/07 you buy a new engine. Stay on top of the belt service interval.

Bought ours 2 years ago, '06 LX with 121k for $21,700. Searched forever and came across the exact color. Probably would have paid more. Drove to Durango to get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom