06 LX Odd Tire Wear Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TG1

Threads
Hey Guys,

I'm looking at an '06 LX with 200k on it.

The tires are all heavily worn on the outermost 1" or so maybe more. The tires are Summer only tires and about 4 or 5 years old as he has a set of snows he uses for Winter. They're also pretty close to replacement time as well.

The tires have been rotated and alignments have been done. The Lexus dealer told the owner that the extreme crown on a highway the owner drives is causing this uneven wear. I have never heard of anything like that.

I realize this could also be shocks, springs, ball joints etc etc but after driving it I didn't notice anything dramatic. Also it has been regularly maintained at a Lexus dealer ( I have the original records of the services) and it recently had the 180K full scheduled maintenance so I suspect if the dealer saw a chance to see more stuff to correct this they would have. There's nothing in the record that it was identified and the owner refused the recommendation.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

They look like that from taking the corners fast all the time. If you buy it, take the corners a bit easy and the tires will last you a while longer, as long as there are no cords showing. In that case I would get new tires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom