06 Australian Outback Challenge Competitor:Been Selected (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JuttyShabango

Checkers R Wreckers
SILVER Star
Threads
Just a little club 411. I got the email last Thursday from Sharyn Vanderhorst (event organizer) that I've been accepted to compete in the 2006 Australian Outback 4x4 Challenge.

You can see more here : http://www.outbackchallenge.com

One of 2 American teams to represent the colors in 06. Really, really stoked about this opportunity.

Competing my Trekker in this event. I'll keep this thread hoppin with details as the unfold here.

I'd like to give HUGE props to Woody and Ih8mud.com for sponsoring this, look for board markings all over the truck :beer:

suhweet :D :D

Ordering up a hood-graphic for my 40 today...20" wide....I'll be getting 6 or so for extras...will post a pic so you know what they look like :D

82Trekker said:
Just a little club 411. I got the email last Thursday from Sharyn Vanderhorst (event organizer) that I've been accepted to compete in the 2006 Australian Outback 4x4 Challenge.

You can see more here : http://www.outbackchallenge.com

One of 2 American teams to represent the colors in 06. Really, really stoked about this opportunity.

Competing my Trekker in this event. I'll keep this thread hoppin with details as the unfold here.

I'd like to give HUGE props to Woody and Ih8mud.com for sponsoring this, look for board markings all over the truck :beer:

Awesome...now my question is, is Woody also paying to get your truck over there?? :doh: :flipoff2:

Keep us updated.

Best.
-onur
Akron, OH

I'll keep this thread active with updates as I get them. The other American is driving a HEEP so this ought to be interesting. I like beating up HEEPS. ;p

Woody's doing the screening for shirts etc. at cost (very generous) and in return I'm stickering my truck with Ih8mud.com swag ;) :cool:

Woody, when I get home tonight look for a file of how the truck can be marked and choose where you want to pimp. I have room for a hood marking and a Ih8mud.com across would be saweet.

:beer:

I'll keep posting details as they get here. Starting on tubing out the front end of the Trekker tomorrow night and should have it done by Monday. I hope.

Gonna Dove tail it in the front--add a stinger and all that. Internal 6 point starts next week and should have it all done by next run. X my fingers.

Good luck!
You are in Ohio right? If I can get you aything out of my piles of crap around here let me know. If I don't have it, I may be able to find it.
Is this the same treker from GSMTR a few years back? I still got my shifter knob sticker on it.

Of course, you MUST write an article for Toyota Trails. TLCA would be proud to supply you with some swag to wear over there, and some stickers and stuff too if you like.

CONGRATS!

My clothing company, Filthy Rich Clothing, will be one of his many sponsors. This is going to be one sweet challenge, just wish I could make it there

woody said:

I have pics on my website also. :beer:

Todd and Chef,

I'm going to send you guys a PM :cool:

Paul,

Yes, I'm in Ohio and thank you Sir! I need a IFS rear axle in the worst way to get me tires stickin' out a little more. My 4cyl 8 is just too narrow. Not the same Trekker from GSMTR. This one came from Cali and I'm the only one to have wheeled it. It's production number is #37/1200. It's a gem for sure. :bounce:

Hey Eric,

Thanks for coming over and signing up! This is a great site. I have been working on a letter, look for an email in the next day or so :beer: Also, while I'm thinking of it, I need a graphic for your bizz. :cheers:

woody said:
what sized tires ya stuffin for this event anyways?

36x13.50x15 Iroks or maybe the STL Sxs in a similiar size. Rules state max tyre size is 36.5x13.50x15

I'm really a little up in the air on the tyres. I need one that will excell in Sand and Rocks and do "okay" in mud. Mickey Thompsons come to mind and keep sticking in my head for some reason. :rolleyes:

IMO, the IROK's are likely the best compromise choice.... I prefer them over the SX's...plus they are actually close to 36" tall, versus a SX that is 2" below advertised

testing a set of Pitbulls this coming weekend in Attica, but 37x13.5's...tad too large.

that reminds me....I'll get a digi of the stickers over lunch, lay out out on the 80's hood for size comparison

20" wide...about the same for height....

white vinyl or black vinyl avail....which do ya think?
stickah.jpg

Man, that looks awesome Woody! I dig the hood sticker. I would have to say Black would show the best and love the design. I would need 2 of them so I can resticker the truck (best presentation) before it's shipped in February. Truck will get a pro paint job at that time too.

I need to find out more on the tire rule. If they go by the manufacturers rating for tyre size or is it put on Calipers. I could take a set of 37s and put 500 miles on them and have a 36.5 size.

Saw a set of IROKS in person and really liked them and at 180 per tire thought that was VERY reasonable for what they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom